2005 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ION model:
My '05 Saturn Ion 2 experience
By Wonger on 02/03/07 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've made several trips to and from Michigan to San Diego and back. Gas mileage was 30+, however, the seating arrangement is awful and you will feel it on long trips. Very dependable and good value for the money. Only 2 problems occured that required warranty work that being bolts breaking off for the driver window and driver-side back window (both seperate occasions). Engine light has came on 2 times also, and was quickly extinguished on next fill ups of good quality gasonline. Very nice handling through snow and rain, but is hard to control at times in windy enviroments. The center dash is awesome as you dont have to look through the steering wheel to see how fast you are going.Roomy trunk

Good solid transportation
By Stephen Plott on 05/24/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second review now that my ION 2 has 17,000 miles. It is 5 speed manual and I'm now getting 37 mpg by upshifting at 2000 rpm and keeping top speed to 70 mph. Really enjoy the smooth ride, relatively quiet engine since '05 have better insulation and great sound system with the extra speakers & amp. Safety is good since we got the side air bags and it already rates high for front impact protection. Only beef was problem with cruise control that did not want to work. They diagnosed (took too long) and is working fine for past year. Front seats are reasonably comfortable for long trips. All in all a very good value.

You get what you pay for
By city girl on 05/04/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a cute car for a teenager. It is not made for the highway! When on the highway it swirls a bit because the car is so light weight. When it is a windy day outside, the car swirls because it cannot handle the wind. This car is too light weight, but other than that I do not have too many problems with it. I also have a problem with the defrost. The windows get foggy as soon as you turn the car on.

Best for the money
By LovetheSat on 03/29/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 12,000+ miles on it after 16 months of ownership. I have had one problem, the cruise control malfunction after a couple months and Saturn fixed it and no problems since. It is fun to drive, handles nimbly. Fuel milage is determined how you drive it, go quick and fast, 28 MPG, take it easy, 30+ MPG. I have had no problems except the cruise control and the Saturn Dealer has been the greatest in normal checkups. For the money, the ION 2 has been worth every cent and I will stick with the Saturn for many years to come and plan to replace it with another Saturn. I am very satisfied with the dealer and the car.

I say, I say "Saturn"
By Jim Miller on 07/26/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I took my 1994 Saturn SL2 to 200,000 miles with less that $150 in non-maintenance type repairs. My new ION 2 seems to be even better engineered and cost $1,500 less than my SL2 over 11 years ago. The dash configuration does take some getting used to but is far superior than the old one. The exterior has a classy look to it, stacking up very well in the parking lot to sedans with much higher sticker prices. This is our family's third new Saturn and definitely not the last.

Ion 2
By 87formula on 07/07/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely a pleasure to drive and own. No problems to date, good efficiency. Center dash display takes getting used to, but works better than traditional design which gets blocked by stearing wheel.

NooNoo's review
By NooNoo on 05/27/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is reliable, affordable, and good looking. I met my newly married wife 2 months ago driving this car. It's one of the best things that ever happened to me. Thanks for making a car that got my wife.

Impressive what they've done
By Taxman on 05/23/05 21:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2002 SL2, 5speed manual and traded it in on this car. Nicely optioned out with a "special value package" that I recommend. Overall the car is vastly improved over the previous model. An excellent daily commuter. Long trip this weekend, 450 miles, revealed no weaknesses. It is comfortable for three hour interstate drives, gets nearly 35mpg, has very good seat support. It's quiet, easily cruises at 75mph with no bad vibrations, and no undue harshness. Instrument dash "pod" is quirky but quickly adapted to. Excellent sight lines. Large trunk. Zero % three year financing, FREE 5year/60K BtoB extended warranty and $1,000 rebate/OnStar cash. What's not to like in a $15,000 car?

Great car, basic but fun
By L Crew on 03/28/05 23:33 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We've got almost 3K on the car now and it runs great. Great gas mileage and fun to drive the sporty 5 spd. This redesigned car provides a smooth, stable, ride with 15" wheels, and a quiet interior. We can actually carry on a quiet conversation at 70 MPH. Turning radius is also very good for parking and turnarounds. Only problem I've encountered was a sticky door handle and squeaky clutch pedal which were both repaired satisfactorily at the dealer. Overall a really neat, fun car to drive.

Finally a Good Experience!
By Beth on 03/08/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a great experience at the Saturn Dealership in Houston. I loved the people, and I love my car! I had been to a ton of other dealerships over the course of 4 - 5 months and nobody else came close to the service, honesty and respect I dealt with at Saturn. My mom and sister are both jealous, and say that Saturns will definitley be their next choice of cars.