Used 2005 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ION model:

Enjoying the Ion 2
By miss_nicole

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought my 2005 Saturn Ion 2 in Febuary 2011 with 38k miles. and the only problem ive had with my car so far was the Coolant Sensor which i had to replace last month. Other than that i have had no other issues.
It gets good gas mileage and drives smooth.

Favorite features ... the interior and exterior. no complaints.

i do wish the "window lock" button locked the front windows not just the back.

VERY UNHAPPY
By dawn414

2005 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been nothing but a headache since i bought it. It only has 40,000 miles on it, I had to replace the censor module twice, the front bushings, and the spark plugs already.
It still squeeks, and the engine light always comes on.. Even with all new plugs and wires, dont know what else to do with it.. I will never buy another GM car in my lifetime, or any of my relitives.I have tried calling saturn company, and i have taken the car to the binghamton saturn dealer, and they can not fix it.. so much for customer satification.

better customer service when someone calls for help.

Unhappy
By unhappy

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Loved the look of the car when I bought it however once it started getting cold the car wouldn't start, had to try it then wait ten min. Then it would start. Recently the clutch went out after only 65,000. Unbelievable

love the dash, and power capabilities

get the ignition fixed. and no clutch should go out that soon

Good Bang For The Buck
By Courtney

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 130,000 on it. It now has 150,000 and no problems at all. I was not fond of this car at all but after driving it for a year it really grew on me. granted it's no jewel but 20 bucks to fill the tank, 20 bucks for an oil change and virtually maintenance free, how could you complain? The fact that the car is basically dent proof is another plus, i was in two accidents with this car and there is literally not a scratch on it. it's slow compared to other cars but gives you NO problems. Although i am getting a new car i must say that i will miss this car and hope that i have as much good luck with my ion as i do my altima. Might not be the best but you wont regret it. honestly.

no maintenance, easy to maintain, cheap upkeep and I felt safe in it.

Better interior - one little water spill would ruin your seat. More power, but its an 05' so i guess that explains it

Saturn ion base model
By Cat

2005 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is first car I bought to get credit rating. I love this car! Manual transmission. 40/gal. Never got less no matter what I carry! Son got 35/gal. Aggressive driver! Love this car! I also like where the dash is. Lights are good there. Don't bother night vision.