Used 2005 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn ION

View reviews for a specific ION model:

Great car
By M

2005 Saturn ION Red Line 4dr Quad Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Agile, fast, great brakes, excellent front seats, good stereo.

Hunk of junk
By Frank

2005 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got car for a bargain.i know previous owner and remember him having problems with battery.just brought it in for recalls and new key got stuck already.what a hunk of junk.i will neverbuy a gm car again.they made these when they thought they were going bankrupt.All the government safety and inspection people should be fired for allowing these pieces of garbage on the road.

Saturn Ion-2
By Jagr Farmerie

2005 Saturn ION Red Line 4dr Quad Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Great reliable car, gets from point a to b. Haven't had many problems with it but the ones I had seem to go away after some time. Would recommend this car for a first time car driver.

Frustrated Saturn 2005 ION2 Owner - Cold Start Issue
By mam824

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

In 2008, I had to purchase a vehicle right after I started a new job. I went to SATURN dealer, out of loyalty, (my old SATURN lasted 12 yrs). There was a car just brought in with very low mileage (12,000+) for a 2005 model. I have had my share of issues, but the cold start issue has been a thorn on my side for over two years! First it was the engine light that kept turning on, that took almost a year and two instances of my car being out of commission for weeks at a time to be resolved.
GM did away with the SATURN brand, but they have certainly left a bad taste in my mouth about their product.

Find a way to correct this problem and not make the consumer responsible for fixing/correcting this defect.

Unsatisfied
By danielle89

2005 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a last resort after I totaled my previous vehicle. First I had problems with the wheels and had to replace all four wheels and tires. Then I started to have a problem starting the car in the cold. The only thing I have found to work is heating the key with a lighter, sticking it in the ignition and moving it up and down a few times to warm up the pins which are frozen by the grease apparently and then start. This is pathetic and white trash. I have heard MANY people have had this problem. Also heard one guy took it in to Saturn, spent thousands of dollars and they couldn't even figure it out. Saturn needs to obviously due a recall, this is pathetic.

Fix whatever is causing the cold start problems