Long Term, great car
By 04driver on
2004 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5A)
I purchased my 2004 Ion3 almost new at the Saturn dealer, with about 2k miles. That's been 9 years and just over 100,000 miles ago. Perfect car, for me. Only replaced struts, belts, brakes, filters, oil, etc. Had auto transmission serviced once. Absolutely NO problems with this vehicle. Great trip vehicle for me. Disneyland, Grand Canyon, Salt Lake City, wherever I want to go. 30 plus mpg on freeway. I get better mpg when I go faster than stated limits, hmm.. Anyway, I love it so much, that my extended family have purchased three others. Looks like a Saturn lot when all are here. Others may have had problems, but for us. Great car. Wish they still made them. All 5 still work fine.
Favorite Features
Plastic side panels, fantastic idea. You don't get those stupid door dings from Idiot folks, or your own family, who don't watch or care when they open their doors and hit your car. Knew a lady who's saturn ion saved her life in a major rollover crash. Walked away, a little beat up, but alive to tell the tale. Too bad no one else will have those panels.
Suggested Improvements
None, because cars don't last forever.