Used 2004 Saturn ION Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn ION Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Saturn ION Sedan

View reviews for a specific ION model:

Great car!!!!!!!!!
By Fred

2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so dependable and great on gas. I had previouser purchased a saturn. I would say it's up there with Honda and toyota.

Pleasantly surprised!
By Rita

2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Don't let the look fool you. I wanted a cute car that had some speed to it. I didn't want a black car in Texas but because of price decided to go ahead and purchase. I am VERY glad I did. All I did was make sure oil changes were done on a regular and I have had no regrets! Thanks Saturn Ion!!

great car
By Tom

2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My mife had an 04 saturn ion2 with a 193354 mile on and it ran great, changed oil and filter every 5 miles miles,basic thing breaks ,timing belt, had to replace the left front hub 2 yrs a go and again this year, it just got totaled 2 wks ago, some lady went to get off the exit and then she pulled right back in fornt of my wife, I put rear brakes on it 2yrs ago what a pain in the #$%.were looking to buy a nother one.

The U.S. gov needs to ban this car from the road
By Joseph Eustophenies

2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is honestly the sorriest excuse for a car I have ever seen. I owned mine for a total of two weeks and its entire axel fell out of the bottom. Not to mention on my third year of ownership the entire thing was basically a dry rotted shell of a car. The whole thing is a complete disaster from the tasteless turn of the century decorum to the engine that consumes more gas than a Boeing 737. I took my mother to her doctors appointment a couple weeks back and when we went to leave the office I cranked the car and the check engine light was on. We made it about a mile down the road when the vehicle began over heating. I pulled off and began calling my brother to pick us up when flames and profuse smoke started coming from the engine. Thankfully we were able to extinguish the fire in time, however the car alarm feature was damaged and the alarm sounded until we could have the vehicle towed in to the garage. This car is a death trap on wheels and ages worse than a straw hut in the middle of a tropical rain forrest. Do not buy!!!!!

Hate to see it go!
By Beenie

2004 Saturn ION Sedan 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Saturn Ion Quad Coupe brand-new in 2004. I previously drove '93 and '99 Saturn SC2 coupes and had no major problems. I kept my Ion much longer than my other 2 Saturns for various reasons. I was sorry that GM discontinued the Saturn line in 2009; the brand had high customer loyalty. If the Saturn brand hadn't been closed, I'd have bought another one. After 11 years and 126K miles, my husband and I felt it was time to move on; we just bought a 2015 Ford Focus, my first non-GM car.

Even at this age and mileage, the engine and transmission are still in excellent condition. The air conditioning still runs as cold as it did back in 2004. I really will miss the unique design of the 2 rear half doors; they functioned better than a standard sedan since it was easier to open both doors and have a large space in which to load groceries and other items. I wish other car manufacturers caught on to this concept (the only other vehicle like that is my husband's Honda Element, which also has 2 rear half-doors). I am selling my car this weekend and will really hate to see it go, but it's time for a newer, more updated, and more dependable vehicle.