Used 2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn ION Red Line - Consumer Reviews

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (26 reviews )

2004 Saturn Ion Redline
By Wrecked Redline

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was recently a proud owner of a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline. I lost this amazing car to a T-Boning. This car is a blast to drive. With a 205hp supercharged LSJ, this car got up and went. The transmission was excellent with very solid shift points.The interior was a little bizarre but it had a very good feel. It was ergonomic and comfortable. The steering was awesome and precise but with all front wheel drive cars, you have torque steer, and this car had some torque. This car gets between 23 and 27 miles per gallon, so not the best for a four banger, but again this car is supercharged and I gunned it a lot.Again this car is a blast to drive, Iím proud to of owned this car.

My favorite features are the Powerful motor,the comfortable RECARO racing seats,and of course it was a smooth shifting 5 speed. And my saturn was dent resitant, like most saturns are. LOW MANTENICE!

The only improvement needed is better rear visability, and a RWD powertrain.

Performance and gas mileage!
By evan

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This care has been great to drive. Its rare to find a six second car with grocery-getter gas mileage. Unsure about annual gas mileage...sorry.

gas mileage, exterior design, performance, its a head turner, not many people believe it's a saturn.

engine setup.....i will admit, its way to complicated just to change the oil filter. I have cold air intake, and its a pain to change. It should not be that difficult.

Redline
By mestal

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Car is a fun car. I have the 1st year edition of the vehicle and they have worked a lot of the problems out. I am sure that the '05 and '06 are awesome. The '04 is awesome too. There are just a lot of issues with the vehicle.

Supercharger, sleek design, dent resistent panels

Extend the warranty for all the '04 owners. It's not fair for all the problems we have had to deal with.

Little Hot Rod
By mytdawg

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I always thought a supercharged 4 cylinder would be cool but nobody made one at an affordable price point. I saw one of the few advertisements for the Red Line and thought it would be cool. I found a demo model at 20% discount but I wasn't sold until I drove it. Most low end power I've ever seen in a 4 banger. I was driving in 4th gear in a 25 zone and it wasn't lugging. They let me take it home for the weekend and I put 500 miles on it. I didn't want to give it back to get prepped. Stage 2 modifications made it even meaner. I drive it hard but store it through the winter. I have had no problems with it.

The seats, the brakes, the acceleration. It pulls like a freight train 2nd through 4th gears (up to ludicrous speed). It handles good. The body panels will never rust.

The wheels are tough to keep clean. The calipers are just sort of hanging out there and could use a little decoration.

Fun Car
By Ron

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I bought my '04 Redline one year after it was manufactured...0% for 72mos..couldn't resist. After the first few weeks when I got used to it, I felt I needed another 25 or more HP. It corners well, pulls really nice in 2nd gear especially... and even in 5th at 50mph without downshifting. It pulls away nicely. Gas mileage drops quickly if you're pushing it a bit...still in the low 20's worst case. No complaints!

It's fun to drive... and the fact there were only 5000 made in North America makes them a bit of a rarity, especially if it's black with the larger wing. It's a head turner.

25 or more HP... reduce the plastic in the interior... and an 18-in wheel option.