2004 Saturn ION Red Line - Consumer Reviews

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (26 reviews )
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
By Wrecked Redline on 10/01/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was recently a proud owner of a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline. I lost this amazing car to a T-Boning. This car is a blast to drive. With a 205hp supercharged LSJ, this car got up and went. The transmission was excellent with very solid shift points.The interior was a little bizarre but it had a very good feel. It was ergonomic and comfortable. The steering was awesome and precise but with all front wheel drive cars, you have torque steer, and this car had some torque. This car gets between 23 and 27 miles per gallon, so not the best for a four banger, but again this car is supercharged and I gunned it a lot.Again this car is a blast to drive, Iím proud to of owned this car.

Performance and gas mileage!
By evan on 08/06/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This care has been great to drive. Its rare to find a six second car with grocery-getter gas mileage. Unsure about annual gas mileage...sorry.

Redline
By mestal on 04/06/07 13:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Car is a fun car. I have the 1st year edition of the vehicle and they have worked a lot of the problems out. I am sure that the '05 and '06 are awesome. The '04 is awesome too. There are just a lot of issues with the vehicle.

Little Hot Rod
By mytdawg on 08/14/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I always thought a supercharged 4 cylinder would be cool but nobody made one at an affordable price point. I saw one of the few advertisements for the Red Line and thought it would be cool. I found a demo model at 20% discount but I wasn't sold until I drove it. Most low end power I've ever seen in a 4 banger. I was driving in 4th gear in a 25 zone and it wasn't lugging. They let me take it home for the weekend and I put 500 miles on it. I didn't want to give it back to get prepped. Stage 2 modifications made it even meaner. I drive it hard but store it through the winter. I have had no problems with it.

Fun Car
By Ron on 08/03/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I bought my '04 Redline one year after it was manufactured...0% for 72mos..couldn't resist. After the first few weeks when I got used to it, I felt I needed another 25 or more HP. It corners well, pulls really nice in 2nd gear especially... and even in 5th at 50mph without downshifting. It pulls away nicely. Gas mileage drops quickly if you're pushing it a bit...still in the low 20's worst case. No complaints!

LUV IT, BUT......
By bwu-satern on 03/27/05 01:43 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Got the Blue one. My first Saturn and I've had it 6 months. I was in love after the test drive and purchased instead of the ION 3. By far the best seats(recaro) of anything I test drove. With a rebate and some other incentives, blows away others for under $20k. Sticks like glue on corners at 80+, stops quick, handles great. Mileage in the low 20's. Lots of cargo room and easy to load with the side doors. FUN, FUN, FUN.

Pleasant Surprise
By Saturner1 on 03/25/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Never would I have expected to buy a Saturn. But I liked the looks when the car came out. Still, it was sort of unexciting. When the Redline came out the excitement was added and I purchased one. It had been a few years since I drove stick, but this one is so easy and smooth that it came back right away. Excellent seats (Recaro), great wheels, nice styling. Unique enough to draw stares, fast enough to surprise most and economical to drive and own. A very pleasant surprise.

Love my Redline
By SpikemanII on 02/11/05 23:14 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I went to my dealership for routine maintenance on our VUE, and drove home with a Redline . Needless to say, I am not allowed to go the dealer without supervision anymore. I love this car. It is quick, handles like a dream, gets good gas mileage, and is fairly unseen on the road. Give this thing a test drive and you will want one too. Just go supervised.

MPG? No! GPM= Grins per Mile!!!
By Catshreds on 12/18/04 17:29 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Park where you want, no shopping cart dings in these polymer doors. Move throgh traffic or on the open road with plenty of power to spare. Huge 4 wheel brakes will stop you NOW. I've never owned a Saturn before, but one drive in the Redline, and I was sold. Looked at Scion Tc, WRX Sti, and Srt4. This car is the pefect marriage of performance and everday practicality; insurance was way cheaper than the others too!

My first new car
By Heresy_Fnord on 11/11/04 12:14 PM (PST)

2004 Saturn ION Red Line Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

My last car was an 94 Saturn SL1. What a world of difference has been made in these new models. The Redline is a further improvement in the right direction by Saturn. I've done quite a bit of looking around, and you just can't beat the performance / price ratio of this car. Even with a 5 year / 60k warranty my car is cheap by comparison. I highly suggest a Saturn Ion Redline.