Used 2004 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

2004 Saturn ION

View reviews for a specific ION model:

Great car!!!!!!!!!
By Fred

2004 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so dependable and great on gas. I had previouser purchased a saturn. I would say it's up there with Honda and toyota.

Pleasantly surprised!
By Rita

2004 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Don't let the look fool you. I wanted a cute car that had some speed to it. I didn't want a black car in Texas but because of price decided to go ahead and purchase. I am VERY glad I did. All I did was make sure oil changes were done on a regular and I have had no regrets! Thanks Saturn Ion!!

12-YRS BEHIND THE WHEEL now upgraded to a RedLine
By Rick

2004 Saturn ION 2 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My ION ran great. I put 140,000 miles on it and replaced the clutch and a couple wheel bearings. Tires and brakes as usual.
My old Ion Coupe
Never gave me a lick of trouble.
Put a cold-air intake on it and got better gas mileage (31m/g commuting).
I babied it and it got full mileage of out tires.
Cornered just fine; its not a sport car... it's a sport coupe.
Very smooth ride.
Interior arrangement was very logical and easy to use while driving.
Let's put it this way ... mine was totalled (not my fault) and i'm going to probably buy another one used and get a couple more years with it.

INSURANCE MONEY PAID FOR A REDLINE
Edmunds asked me if I weas interested in updating my review.
I used the Insurance money from my totalled Ion Coupe and found an 05 Redline.
IT'S FAST
IT'S NIMBLE
IT'S LIKE DRIVING ON RAILS

I'm looking at buying a used Aura... they're even faster than the Redline.
Evidently, I like Saturn.

great car
By Tom

2004 Saturn ION 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My mife had an 04 saturn ion2 with a 193354 mile on and it ran great, changed oil and filter every 5 miles miles,basic thing breaks ,timing belt, had to replace the left front hub 2 yrs a go and again this year, it just got totaled 2 wks ago, some lady went to get off the exit and then she pulled right back in fornt of my wife, I put rear brakes on it 2yrs ago what a pain in the #$%.were looking to buy a nother one.

more like sad-urn
By Jamar Banks

2004 Saturn ION 2 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5A)

Everything started out great until the day of my wedding. My 92 year old mother and I went to brunch on what was supposed to be the greatest day of my life. I had scheduled the day out to a tee including my beautiful vows that I left safely in my glove compartment. Shortly after the briskets and jam came out the hostess made the announcement a golden Saturn Ion was smoking profusely in the parking lot. My mother and I dashed to the ION and quickly popped the hood. After the smoke cleared we decided to drive the vehicle to the nearest authorized dealership. The car decided to cut off in the far left left lane of US I 85. Mother and I had just gotten the walker out of the trunk but didn't have time to grab the three spare oxygen tanks. We made it to the shoulder as mother screamed "Holy Mother of pearl!" and a semi trunk rear ended the Ion right in the bosom. We don't remember much after that but the State trooper told us the oxygen tanks basically created a hydrogen bomb that propelled the ion 300 feet across the incoming lane. The tow truck driver told us that if it wasn't for the dry rotted frame and the irresponsibly placed gas tank (Saturn faulty designing for you) that the accident wouldn't have been half as bad. Needless to say I didn't make it to the wedding and the vows were destroyed. The marriage ended three years later due to a tax invasion scandal involving a dunkin doughnuts franchise. Moral of the story, don't buy a saturn they ruin lives and families.