Used 2009 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2009 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Astounding
By Mr Bruce

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, do I like this car. Great freeway cruiser, has almost identical dimensions to our Accord but 4 in longer wheelbase, which translates: smooth ride. Built on same platform as Saab 9-3. 6 speed trans works great, very responsive to shift down for speeding up or going up hills. Engine turns only 2k RPM at 70mph. Paddle shifters are handy at times but rarely use. Is eager to shift to overdrive for max fuel economy. If you can drive the speed limit, you can get 34 mpg highway. Very quiet, feels like a heavy, solid car but gets sporty when you throw it around. Nicely laid out interior is elegant and comfortable. I'm 6-3 and have lots of room. So sad these are the last of a great model.

Base model is loaded. 4 wheel disc brakes are strong and smooth. Beautiful,not trendy exterior styling. Satellite radio;I love the old time radio shows. Nice to have a USA made car. Comfortable for long trips. Wheels look like alloys without the maintenance. Instrument cluster well designed and lit.

Do not care for daytime running lights. Center armrest could use more friction to reduce fore/aft motion.

GM
By NOT HAPPY

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to admit I love my Saturn it is BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE...I have had problems with it thought..can't complain because I bought it USED..But when it came to getting if fixed at a GM dealership GOOD LUCK!!! I have called & So has SATURN CUST. Support every GM dealership within 100miles and Not a one will work on my car..I was told that GM dealerships have to work on your car!! NOT TRUE it is up to the General Manager of the store. So Make sure you live close to a Saturn Dealership...if not you will not be able to get if fixed at a GM dealership. I have not had very good luck with any vehicals I have owned so maybe it is my fault for not choosing the right one. I just want everyone to beware!!

The Outside.

Inside Needes A Little Update

Best Car in it's Class
By Pat

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the Aura XR for a year and 15k mi. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is an exceptional value when you compare it to Camry, Accord etc. The Fusion and Malibu are the closest but both cost more. I consistently get 30mpg in mixed driving. I have driven several 6sp/4cyl combo's and the GM one is by far the best out there in shifting, power and mpg so I am not sure I would trust those other remarks on here. If you want a great performing sedan with class leading safety, mpg and feature set that is fun to drive, looks classy and is whisper quiet then the Aura is for your. Under $20k with Leather, heated seats, XM, bluetooth, onstar and 100k warranty!

XM, Bluetooth, Onstar, MPG, ride

none

Buying Another One
By PMM

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned so many cars that I can't even list. I must admit that when you look at the complete package of price, performance, features, mileage, looks and comfort that you can't beat the Aura. Get an XR 4cyl under $20k and you will be extremely happy. I constantly get 30mpg in combo driving. Don't worry about Saturn going away, all Chevy tech's can work on it and your good for 100k warranty miles. I put 15k on my first one and am getting ready to buy a 2nd one for the family for $18k. The person that speaks about the transmission is misinformed. This is one of the best 6sp/4cyl in the world. Also, in every car if you roll down just the back windows you get a noise. I am not a GM empl.

Ride, Mileage, XM, Bluetooth, Transmission, info center, looks, warranty.

Doesn't matter they aren't buidling anymore.

Transmission problems
By Karen Hickman

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware of transmission problems. The transmission "slipped" on my brand new 2009 Saturn Aura at 347 miles. I had to have it towed twice. The dealership returned it to me and assured me there was nothing wrong, despite the fact that I pulled out in front of traffic and could not accelerate. I was told to "...pull off to the side of the road, shut off the engine, then restart the car to 'reset' it." After this occurred the third time, I did as instructed, then drove it to the dealership, and left it there. I insisted it was dangerous, and I was now following the GA Lemon Law. They replaced the transmission at approximately 700 miles. I would rate my experience with Saturn a big 0.

compliments on nice appearance "pretty"

Do not outsource parts such as the transmission, engine, ect... overseas for cheap labor. It shows!!!!