2009 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
This is an awful car
By alces1976 on 07/02/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have not had a good experience with this car, or this company. I have always owned a GM car, this being my first (and last) Saturn. The car hasn't worked right in the year I've had it with a multitude of electrical problems and common defects. The company has been impossible to work with, and overall I would have rather switched to a Pinto over this mess of a car. Watch yourself if you're looking at this car!!!

2009 Saturn XE
By Tbran2 on 06/10/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new for my wife after her 2006 Saturn Ion(52K flawless miles). At 3k miles this Aura is also flawless. My wife loves it (she says even more than she loves me) and in Ocean Mist turns heads wherever she goes(she says it's her)... of course I have learned never to argue with a statement like that.

They are discounting Auras
By rb7385899 on 06/08/09 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

forget the "policy" of no saturn discounts. i got $2,750 off list, plus was allowed to use $2,000 in GM credit card rewards. this turned a $26,933 car into about a $22,000 car. Moroccan leather interior and sunroof included. Classy - very classy

Very Nice Car
By Frankie C on 04/23/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for a mid 20k priced vehicle and found it with the Aura. Good features and ride, excellent build quality. It's economical and good on the environment (low emissions). While it is only a 4cyl, it accelerates very well( merging onto the highway). Gas mileage is close to what was advertised and I only have 1000 miles on it so far. Looks much more expensive than it costs. I looked at the Malibu (I like the Aura's looks better),Altima, Jetta, Camry, Sonata (cheap feel) and Fusion (I would also have bought the Fusion if not for the $ GM saved me on a pull ahead program). 0% interest rebates and got 3 yrs maint thrown in too! Often gets mistaken for an Acura or Audi on the street.

Car That Works
By FirstAura on 02/18/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned a string of Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas and the Aura competes well with these vehicles while coming with more content at thousands less price. It was initially difficult to accept that it was a GM car. The 4 cyl performance works on hills and entering highways. Ride is quiet and will get better once OE tires are gone but that will take a long time. Mileage results so far support the EPA estimates. Looks great particularly since it comes with 17" wheels. Front seats are comfortable and adjust to fit (electric). Bluetooth for phone is a plus. Vehicle had preferred and convenience packages as no cost options. 5 star across safety!

Affordable with Eupoean style and more
By alero02 on 12/30/08 12:49 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've owned over 30 cars/trucks over the years what with ourselves and a family of young drivers. We owned Nissan, Toyota, Renault, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Dodge, Plymouth, Mitsubishi, and a few more. We had a nice Toyota Sienna mini van, and the last we bought in a foreign brand. It had it's problems. But we still shopped and drove a Toyota Camry, Mazda 6, and Saab 9-3. We really liked the Mazda and Saab. The Camry didn't seem as great a car as it has been talked up. Plus the price even with low interest. The Saturn Aura XR-4 won hands down for price, features, safety, and fuel efficiency. We got an Aura XR-4, 6 speed automatic

The Aura is a real winner!
By Dave on 12/02/08 08:56 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think Saturn (GM) hit a home run with the Aura. It's sleek in an everyman's kind of way, has more useful gadgets than my toolbox, and the economy is outstanding. On the highway with cruise control at 70, I consistently enjoy 38 mpg; that's darn good in a non-hybrid mid-size sedan. The 2.4 liter 4-banger does just fine and I live in the mountains - of course, I'm not trying to jump every car off the line. The 6 speed automatic is smooth as glass, although with a bit of throttle hestitation - you do have to get used to it. I find the interior to be quite well done and ergonomically laid out. The seat fits me well and has proven quite comfortable on a 6 hour trip. I give Aura an A-.

Surprisingly disappointing
By Dominic on 10/28/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Problems with this car: 1) Transmission hunts, is too quick to downshift, and feels erratic. 2) The seats are very uncomfortable for any distance driving, 3) Seat adjustment is limited, I'm 5' 10" and felt like I was on top of the headliner, 4) Windshield rake and seat make the rear- view mirror a giant obstacle to see around. It's a blind-spot facing forward. 5) Steering wheel remotes for cruise and radio are too small and hard to use during night-driving. 6) Interior components that scream "I'm cheap plastic" combined with lousy fit and finish.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn Aura in VA is:

$121 per month*