Used 2009 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2009 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

3 Years and Still Satisfied Actual 22 to 38 mpg.
By alero02

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2009 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L 6 speed now has 31,000 miles and we still love it. It still compares well with it's sleek exterior to newer models from Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Nissan and Kia. The interior is very up scale with leather seats and contrasting trim, plus there are luxury items you might expect only on pricier cars. From the 6 CD XM radio that plays regular CDs or mp3 with song titles and other info, to the dual front power seats the car is comfortable, sporty, and up scale. We also have had excellent follow up service from out local Chevrolet/Cadillac/Buick dealership for all regular maintenance and even a warranty replacement recently on the driver side door arm rest.

Favorite Features

Sleek up scale exterior and interior. Great gas mileage at 22 to 24 (summer/winter) city and 33 to 38 actual mpg on longer highway trips. 2.4L has plenty of power even on the highway for passing. Not a hot rod, but no slouch either. Reliability has been great with no repairs other than maintenance in 31,000 miles and 3+ years. Daily driver for wife and also used for trips form Wisconsin to Florida, out East, and routine urban freeway to cities 70 to 80 miles away. Firestone FR710 tires are still good, but will probably replace this Fall for safe winter driving. (est. 39,000 miles then).

Suggested Improvements

In winter when the tires and suspension is stiffer, road noise from cracks and bumps in the pavement is transmitted inside the cabin. I have found this to be true of most "unibody" frameless cars we've had from Toyota, Nissan, Izuzu, Subaru, other GM (Chevy Citation, Lumina and Ford Taurus) and some others. Only my 1993 Pontiac Bonneville was quiet with little or no "road thump" from tires. The Saturn Aura rides more quiet in Summer when tires and suspension are more pliable.

Great Car
By Michael

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Saturn for over 2 years and its been great. The ride is smooth and it gets good gas mileage for a v 6 @25 a gallon. Love the bluetooth and XM as well as the onstar directions so much car for such a great price to bad Saturn is no more another bad move by GM.

Get New Tranny while you have a Warranty
By Karyn

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine in March 2010, 41K miles on it and knew it had a problem with the Tranny, then I saw the reviews on here and was sure of it, so in order to buy the car I had the dealer replace the tranny and it now runs great. Still has Road noise from the tires and the brakes were squeaking, but if I keep the air pressure at 34 it seems to be ok. I get 24 mpg average! Dealer sold car with 2 sets of tires instead of 4 matching which is probably why I get so much noise and weird tire rotation sounds. I'll get new brakes and tires soon! Love the looks I get from other drivers around me, nice looking car, hope it lasts!

Favorite Features

Interior Design, steering wheel controls come in handy. Heated Seats in winter was great!

Suggested Improvements

better tranny, match all tires and lower air pressure to 34, better manual on how to drive the dual tranny to avoid problems with it wearing out!

Love it!
By Lawstudent09

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only owned this car (used) for a little over a month, but I love it! I have had NO problems with it at all. I went from having a Saturn L100 to this car, If GM wasn't scrapping Saturn I would buy another one. I love the design, the inside is awesome. I have plenty of room as the driver and so do my children in the back seat. This car is WORTH the money! I get great gas mileage, and the engine is amazing, very quite. Very smooth ride The safety ratings make it even better.

Favorite Features

buttons on steering wheel, radio volume control, nice, quite and smooth ride

Astounding
By Mr Bruce

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, do I like this car. Great freeway cruiser, has almost identical dimensions to our Accord but 4 in longer wheelbase, which translates: smooth ride. Built on same platform as Saab 9-3. 6 speed trans works great, very responsive to shift down for speeding up or going up hills. Engine turns only 2k RPM at 70mph. Paddle shifters are handy at times but rarely use. Is eager to shift to overdrive for max fuel economy. If you can drive the speed limit, you can get 34 mpg highway. Very quiet, feels like a heavy, solid car but gets sporty when you throw it around. Nicely laid out interior is elegant and comfortable. I'm 6-3 and have lots of room. So sad these are the last of a great model.

Favorite Features

Base model is loaded. 4 wheel disc brakes are strong and smooth. Beautiful,not trendy exterior styling. Satellite radio;I love the old time radio shows. Nice to have a USA made car. Comfortable for long trips. Wheels look like alloys without the maintenance. Instrument cluster well designed and lit.

Suggested Improvements

Do not care for daytime running lights. Center armrest could use more friction to reduce fore/aft motion.