2009 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
Best Car in it's Class
By Pat on 11/18/09 05:56 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven the Aura XR for a year and 15k mi. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is an exceptional value when you compare it to Camry, Accord etc. The Fusion and Malibu are the closest but both cost more. I consistently get 30mpg in mixed driving. I have driven several 6sp/4cyl combo's and the GM one is by far the best out there in shifting, power and mpg so I am not sure I would trust those other remarks on here. If you want a great performing sedan with class leading safety, mpg and feature set that is fun to drive, looks classy and is whisper quiet then the Aura is for your. Under $20k with Leather, heated seats, XM, bluetooth, onstar and 100k warranty!

Buying Another One
By PMM on 11/17/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned so many cars that I can't even list. I must admit that when you look at the complete package of price, performance, features, mileage, looks and comfort that you can't beat the Aura. Get an XR 4cyl under $20k and you will be extremely happy. I constantly get 30mpg in combo driving. Don't worry about Saturn going away, all Chevy tech's can work on it and your good for 100k warranty miles. I put 15k on my first one and am getting ready to buy a 2nd one for the family for $18k. The person that speaks about the transmission is misinformed. This is one of the best 6sp/4cyl in the world. Also, in every car if you roll down just the back windows you get a noise. I am not a GM empl.

Transmission problems
By Karen Hickman on 09/29/09 23:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware of transmission problems. The transmission "slipped" on my brand new 2009 Saturn Aura at 347 miles. I had to have it towed twice. The dealership returned it to me and assured me there was nothing wrong, despite the fact that I pulled out in front of traffic and could not accelerate. I was told to "...pull off to the side of the road, shut off the engine, then restart the car to 'reset' it." After this occurred the third time, I did as instructed, then drove it to the dealership, and left it there. I insisted it was dangerous, and I was now following the GA Lemon Law. They replaced the transmission at approximately 700 miles. I would rate my experience with Saturn a big 0.

Failure of saturn corp
By Ron Lamarque on 09/28/09 07:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new saturn aura xe on April 30th. On Aug 6 vehicle had to be towed as to transmission problem. Vehicle returned as "repaired" on Aug 7 and had to towed again on the 7th. Saturn Corp over the next 32 days literally lied about what the problem was and when the repair would be completed. First they said the part was coming from Germany. Then they couldn't locate the part. After numerous calls, we learned that the Dealership that was to make the repairs had given up their Saturn line and switched to Mazda and couldn't repair our vehicle even if they received the "part". Saturn Corp lied from the start. Doing the right thing from day one, Ha Ha Ha

AURA XR-4
By JDB on 09/18/09 06:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a Saturn Aura XR-4 after coming off a Lincoln Zephyr lease. I was looking for better mileage without sacrificing comfort. So far I am happy with the Auras performance. Ok its not a Lincoln, but the drive is comfortable and the 2.4 four cylinder gives me enough power and speed thanks to the 6 speed tranny. The interior is a little cheap and I agree the buttons on the steering wheels are small but I new this going in. This car has just about everything, bluetooth, moon, remote start, leather, Onstar, XM. It actually has more feature than my Zepher had. The price was very attractive. The exterior is eye catching. If your looking for an affordable midsize give the Aura a look.

I wish I hadn't purchased this car
By Janet Werner on 08/31/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At first I thought perhaps I was being hypersensitive, but the more I drive may Aura (3.6 engine), the more I hate it. I initially considered taking it in to see if something was wrong with it, but I had a 4cyl loaner for a day and it was even worse. I looked on the blog to see what others thought and the very first review I read summed it up - the transmission "hunts" and it is "jerky". It is so jerky that it feels like you are driving a stick shift, but you have not control over it. I am so upset about spending big bucks on something that makes me nauseous to drive - I wish I could return it!

Love my Saturn
By charlotte on 08/30/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new (used) Saturn Aura. When I drive it people take a second look. Not at me the car. I love the stylish "rims" and the leather is beautiful. I bought this car and it was spotlessly clean. It has lots of pick-up and speed. Of all the vehicles I test drove this was the car. I saw it, drove it, bought it. I knew the minute I saw it this was the car for me.

love it
By tony on 07/30/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love the style and comfort the whole package is amazing could not be happier.

Aerodynamic Flaw and Transmission
By Michigan Exp. on 07/27/09 07:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I agree with another review that this car's transmission hunts, is too quick to downshift and would add that it feels erratic (jerky), especially at low speeds; had it checked by dealer, they say that thatÂ’s how it works. Also agree that steering wheel control buttons are too small and hard to use. I would add an item that was not in other reviews. The aerodynamics seem flawed; when travelling at 50 mph or faster, and only the rear window(s) is (are) opened, the closed front windows and closed sunroof vibrate badly and the air pressure in the car is such that it is painful to the ears. Dealer's solution, crack the front windows or sunroof; this is not acceptable fix in my opinion.

Back to the USA
By Glenn on 07/14/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded Acura for new XR/V6..with every option except engine block warmer. Love the look of the car..and the classy brown-leather interior. I'm 6'4" and the drivers position is a little cramped compared to the Acura. The position of the heated seats switch causes some problems..you turn it on with your legs getting in car..it would have been better in the center. The ignition switch on the dash also is awkward..because to reach it you almost always turn on the wipers. These things are minor..but could use a re-design. Gas mileage is better than advertised..so far. Dealer service has been excellent.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn Aura in VA is:

$121 per month*