2009 Saturn Aura Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
Value wise, a much better choice than Malibu
By golftango on 06/03/13 07:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Aura new in Nov 2009 just as Saturn was exiting the business. Therefore I got an amazing deal. Options are the Comfort and Convenience packages which include power seat, auto dimming rear and side view mirror with compass, Homelink, Power Sunroof and Bluetooth. To date I have put 53K miles on my Aura. The only issues I had were a bad strut and faulty seat frame. Still on my original brakes and second set of tires. It still looks new inside and out. Quality materials have held up well and the paint is nice as it's thick and durable. The Aura is one of the quietest vehicles I've driven. It eats up highway miles and I never get uncomfortable or fatigued.

100K and still perfect
By aobg on 03/30/13 11:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new in July 2009 - just turned 100K Have only replaced tires, wipers and rear shocks (dirt roads and potholes - yuck), oil & filter changes - everything else original including brakes. Avg @ 28 mpg summer, 26 winter. Maintenance at Buick/Cadillac dealer has been great! This is simply an extremely reliable car, with a great ride and handling, very quiet, good performance, comfortable, roomy and did I say reliable? Still looks new inside and out Rides far quieter than my friends Acura. I like it so much I am trying to find one for my daughter for a college graduation present.

please don't waste your money on this car
By judyann1 on 10/17/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Please choose another vehicle, I gave my son my 2002 BMW for college graduation and purchased this car 3 months ago, What a mistake. The ESC traction lights keeps popping on and no one seems to know why. The dealerships are out to get your money, they say, let me do this, put this on, reset this, its a waste of your money. They don't know, but they gladly will take your money. I hate like hell I wasted my money on this piece of junk. GM ought to be ashamed of themselves putting this junk together. I'm going to trade it in and take whatever I can get for it. I will take the loss, but you can bet for sure, I won't be buying another GM product. I should have kept what I had. SAD

Beware: Transmission problems
By hatetheaura on 10/10/12 13:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I will never buy a GM product again. My Aura only has 72,000 miles and the transmission has already broke. Trying to deal with GM is a joke. Everything from the dealership (Daniels Long Chevrolet) to customer service. Our warranty expired one month ago but am still 27,000 miles under the 100,000 mile mark and of course GM does not want to do anything about it. My car has been in the shop for over 5 days and I am constantly being told I have to pay more for diagnostics. How many error codes need to pop up for GM to admit they made lemon of a car. All GM cares about is getting you in the door, once you are there customer service is no longer cares.

3 Years and Still Satisfied Actual 22 to 38 mpg.
By alero02 on 03/12/12 07:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our 2009 Saturn Aura XR 2.4L 6 speed now has 31,000 miles and we still love it. It still compares well with it's sleek exterior to newer models from Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Nissan and Kia. The interior is very up scale with leather seats and contrasting trim, plus there are luxury items you might expect only on pricier cars. From the 6 CD XM radio that plays regular CDs or mp3 with song titles and other info, to the dual front power seats the car is comfortable, sporty, and up scale. We also have had excellent follow up service from out local Chevrolet/Cadillac/Buick dealership for all regular maintenance and even a warranty replacement recently on the driver side door arm rest.

Great Car
By Michael on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Saturn for over 2 years and its been great. The ride is smooth and it gets good gas mileage for a v 6 @25 a gallon. Love the bluetooth and XM as well as the onstar directions so much car for such a great price to bad Saturn is no more another bad move by GM.

Get New Tranny while you have a Warranty
By Karyn on 07/23/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine in March 2010, 41K miles on it and knew it had a problem with the Tranny, then I saw the reviews on here and was sure of it, so in order to buy the car I had the dealer replace the tranny and it now runs great. Still has Road noise from the tires and the brakes were squeaking, but if I keep the air pressure at 34 it seems to be ok. I get 24 mpg average! Dealer sold car with 2 sets of tires instead of 4 matching which is probably why I get so much noise and weird tire rotation sounds. I'll get new brakes and tires soon! Love the looks I get from other drivers around me, nice looking car, hope it lasts!

Love it!
By Lawstudent09 on 04/24/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only owned this car (used) for a little over a month, but I love it! I have had NO problems with it at all. I went from having a Saturn L100 to this car, If GM wasn't scrapping Saturn I would buy another one. I love the design, the inside is awesome. I have plenty of room as the driver and so do my children in the back seat. This car is WORTH the money! I get great gas mileage, and the engine is amazing, very quite. Very smooth ride The safety ratings make it even better.

Astounding
By Mr Bruce on 03/21/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, do I like this car. Great freeway cruiser, has almost identical dimensions to our Accord but 4 in longer wheelbase, which translates: smooth ride. Built on same platform as Saab 9-3. 6 speed trans works great, very responsive to shift down for speeding up or going up hills. Engine turns only 2k RPM at 70mph. Paddle shifters are handy at times but rarely use. Is eager to shift to overdrive for max fuel economy. If you can drive the speed limit, you can get 34 mpg highway. Very quiet, feels like a heavy, solid car but gets sporty when you throw it around. Nicely laid out interior is elegant and comfortable. I'm 6-3 and have lots of room. So sad these are the last of a great model.

GM
By NOT HAPPY on 01/15/10 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to admit I love my Saturn it is BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE...I have had problems with it thought..can't complain because I bought it USED..But when it came to getting if fixed at a GM dealership GOOD LUCK!!! I have called & So has SATURN CUST. Support every GM dealership within 100miles and Not a one will work on my car..I was told that GM dealerships have to work on your car!! NOT TRUE it is up to the General Manager of the store. So Make sure you live close to a Saturn Dealership...if not you will not be able to get if fixed at a GM dealership. I have not had very good luck with any vehicals I have owned so maybe it is my fault for not choosing the right one. I just want everyone to beware!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn Aura Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*