Electrical
By cmeans on
2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I have a 2008 Saturn Aura. I start having real problems with it once it got to 50,000. Steering problems, front end problems (constantly pulling to the right. Now I am dealing with locks the locks that started acting like it was possessed. The car locked me in. And then it would not stay secure. I had to remove the fuse I then found out the relay switch was bad. The car is just at 65,000. Did GM have a recall on the electrical issues?
By mandis
on 06/28/13 14:55 PM (PDT)

I am having severe steering problems. (wheel jerking and shaking on its own) I feel like I am gonna loose control of the car. It constantly pulls to the right. I have taken it in twice and both times they didnt have it happen and say nothing is wrong with it. It happens every time I get in the car and I am scared to drive it. What did you do and how did you fix it?

By randy121
on 10/31/12 11:12 AM (PDT)

I have noticed on other blogs that many Saturn 2008 Aura owners are having electrical problems. This may solve your problem. Unhook connector and disconnect from BCM. Apply Dielectric Grease on all connector pins and reconnect. Clear codes. Thought I had a lemon, Dealership fixed and charged me $30.49. Thought it was gonna be huge. There is fretting inside the BCM connections which is causing shorts in what could be any combination of electrical malfunctions.