Used 2008 Saturn Aura XE Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

I Would Buy It Again
By Eugene Dunning

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The styling, performance and price of this vehicle is outstanding. I have always liked to drive a car that turns heads, and this one certainly does. I purchased the chrome hub cabs which makes the car look even nicer and no one can believe they are hub caps and not wheels. This car rides smoothly and handles exceptionally well.

Styling of the car, roomy and comfortable interior, absolutely a joy to drive.

For some reason, cold air comes through the back of the passenger seat. No other complaints.

Happy Saturn Driver
By Happy Saturn Mama

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love this car! Get lots of looks. It is just like the commercial...people can't believe that it's a Saturn. It has all of the great GM extras and warranties, but not the price. I am very happy with my Saturn. Needs a couple of improvements, but it is definitely on it's way and worth the price, especially when you fill up your tank. Saturn is no longer the step-child of GM!

OnStar, XM radio, heated seats, remote starter!

The only real complaint that I have about it are my cloth seats, they are absolutely awful! Everything, and I mean everything shows up stains them, even water and cleaning solution. For my car being so new, the upholstery looks really bad, and I take excellent care of it

A Gem of a Car
By Ron R

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We absolutely love this car. Our previous vehicle was a Ford Explorer so it's been quite a change. Once all the comparisons were made in this class the Aura impressed us the most.We live in a hilly region so our gas mileage is only about 34 mpg hwy but still twice as high as our old Explorer.We just finished a 10 hour drive on our world famous Cabot Trail and this car stuck to the curves like glue.From a dead stop the 4 cylinder is a bit sluggish (not for the lead footed drivers) but has more than enough power to pass anything on the highway. At over 6 feet tall it is true that getting into this car takes some getting used to but once inside the fit and finish is the best bar none.

Love the interior and exterior design. Also enjoy the light show on start up as well as the ambient lighting at night. Satellite radio, Onstar, remote start and sunroof are nice touches as well. Another favorite feature of this car is that it is so rare to see one since it is only 2 years old.

Any improvements that come to mind will appear on the 2009 such as 6 speed transmission and Bluetooth for your cellphone.The car does have a couple of blind spots and maybe a rear view camera might help but the front pillars you will have to adjust to.

Second time around
By KeithC

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Saturn, the first one was a 1997 SL-1 and I still have it. I bought another Saturn because my first one was an excellent car. I have put almost 6,000 miles on the Aura and it has been smooth sailing all the way. People have asked me if it was a Lexus or Acura. The car rides smooth, handles well and is very quiet. The fake wood on the inside makes it look like a luxury car. The car is Red Jewel Tintcoat and it turns heads. The 4-cylinder has enough power merging onto the freeways as long as you turn off the A/C first. Plenty of power is available for driving around town. Fuel economy is good , 30 MPG on highway. I love this car and would defintely buy it again.

The red jewel paint color, interior detail, OnStar, smooth ride and hubcaps that look like real rims. The standard stereo sounds good for a factory unit.

Have a gear selector indicator on the dashboard. Move the remote outside mirror control to the drivers door near the window control. Maybe increase the horsepower on the 4- cylinder engine.

Best bet out there
By RICHARD

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Sure it has a couple of downfalls, but nothing major and nothing I didn't notice before I bought it. I am getting great gas mileage, about 29 in city, 34 on hwy. I would ask that anyone drive this car before you buy, you will be glad you did..

Exterior styling, interior styling, and of course great gas mileage

Nicer inside panels, but the ones it has are nice