2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
A Gem of a Car
By Ron R on 10/17/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We absolutely love this car. Our previous vehicle was a Ford Explorer so it's been quite a change. Once all the comparisons were made in this class the Aura impressed us the most.We live in a hilly region so our gas mileage is only about 34 mpg hwy but still twice as high as our old Explorer.We just finished a 10 hour drive on our world famous Cabot Trail and this car stuck to the curves like glue.From a dead stop the 4 cylinder is a bit sluggish (not for the lead footed drivers) but has more than enough power to pass anything on the highway. At over 6 feet tall it is true that getting into this car takes some getting used to but once inside the fit and finish is the best bar none.

Second time around
By KeithC on 09/20/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Saturn, the first one was a 1997 SL-1 and I still have it. I bought another Saturn because my first one was an excellent car. I have put almost 6,000 miles on the Aura and it has been smooth sailing all the way. People have asked me if it was a Lexus or Acura. The car rides smooth, handles well and is very quiet. The fake wood on the inside makes it look like a luxury car. The car is Red Jewel Tintcoat and it turns heads. The 4-cylinder has enough power merging onto the freeways as long as you turn off the A/C first. Plenty of power is available for driving around town. Fuel economy is good , 30 MPG on highway. I love this car and would defintely buy it again.

Best bet out there
By RICHARD on 08/13/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Sure it has a couple of downfalls, but nothing major and nothing I didn't notice before I bought it. I am getting great gas mileage, about 29 in city, 34 on hwy. I would ask that anyone drive this car before you buy, you will be glad you did..

Best Mid-Size Sedan!
By mseymour on 07/17/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my new Aura a month ago. I spend a lot of time in a car (95 mile round trip commute). This car is the most comfortable riding car I have ever owned, and that is from coming out of a 2004 CTS. Ride is very comfortable on the highway and it handles great for a sedan I am currently averaging just over 30 mpg. The sound system (advanced audio) is incredible. Interior noise is almost null. Excellent styling turns heads everywhere I go. This new Aura is definitely the most car for the money in the mid-size sedan segment. With everything that is in it, I would have expected to pay thousands more.

Great All Round Car
By Dan_Arlington on 07/11/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Aura is a very comfortable vehicle. My previous car has a 2006 Honda Accord. The Aura is mor comfortable, quieter, and gets the same gas mileage. For the money I think it is a better car than the Honda Accord.

Great car all around
By Mike on 07/10/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Aura for 3 months now and I am really enjoying it. The ride is quiet, smooth and comfortable. I got the 4 cyl because of the initial lower price and fuel economy, and I am glad I did. The 4 cyl is smooth and quiet, plus the gas mileage is pretty good for a car of this size. I have been in the habit if getting a new car every 2-3 years because I grow tired of them, but I think this car will change that, I can see myself driving it for a lot longer.

This turns heads for the right reasons
By Dan on 07/10/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice to drive a name plate from the good old USA that has put it all together. Design, comfort, quality, and a real value that truly exceeds what I expected. Nice job Saturn!

Surprisingly Good
By Happy Aura Guy on 07/09/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle under GM's 0% financing offer. Even without the incentive financing, this is an excellent automobile! My concern about the four cylinder engine was unfounded as it is peppy enough. The exterior and interior fit and finish are superb, vehicle is very solid and fairly quiet. Standard radio is excellent, especially with XM. Transmission shifts very smoothly, brakes are powerful. A lot of vehicle for the money.

I love it!
By Luis A. Montero on 07/07/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I am always commenting to myself, "This car is so smooth." Not only does it drive smoothly, but it has a nice pick-up when you step on the accelerator pedal. My car is merely a 4 cylinder car, but it feels like what I would imagine a 6 cylinder would feel like. This car is also super comfortable. In fact, I would rather take a nap in this car than on my own bed!

A cheaper Audi?
By Patmajia on 06/30/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My family of 5 bought a 2.4 L Aura. With the 0% deal, it should cost less to buy, own, and drive 100k miles (incl. $5 gas) than a Camry hybrid. Outside, it looks a lot like the Audi A4; even the standard alloy wheels seem to copy those once offered on the Audi A4, a good car to copy. The red exterior with tan cloth and faux wood interior is gorgeous, but some plastic bits are low end. Only the Morocco leather (which you cannot get on the 4 cyl) is better. This car rides smoothly, and is quieter on the road at 70 mph than the 2008 Accord and is about even with the 2008 camry I test drove. It's quick enough for us. The 5 year 100k standard drivetrain warranty should make for low hassle ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.