Used 2008 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

My First New Car
By Yataiva Harris

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Saturn for almost a year now and I love it!! I get very good gas mileage in the city and on the highway. I have gotten many compliments from coworkers and from people on the street about the new look of Saturn. The experience I have had as an owner has been nothing less than superb! I have scheduled appointments for regular maintenance with various dealerships and everyone has been friendly. The only issue I have had thus far is a remote that worked at its own convenience. At the dealership, the service representative was friendly and swapped my remote while my oil was being changed. I would truly say that this car is a very good buy.

The look of the car inside and out.

None at this time.

Better than the Caddy.
By Bobcat

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is more comfortable than my Caddy and more fun to drive and gets 10 mpg more without premium fuel. Not as much room, but we are retired and don't need the room. Also it can be towed behind the RV with four wheels down.

Center arm rest needs to come forward another inch or two for more elbow support.

A Gem of a Car
By Ron R

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We absolutely love this car. Our previous vehicle was a Ford Explorer so it's been quite a change. Once all the comparisons were made in this class the Aura impressed us the most.We live in a hilly region so our gas mileage is only about 34 mpg hwy but still twice as high as our old Explorer.We just finished a 10 hour drive on our world famous Cabot Trail and this car stuck to the curves like glue.From a dead stop the 4 cylinder is a bit sluggish (not for the lead footed drivers) but has more than enough power to pass anything on the highway. At over 6 feet tall it is true that getting into this car takes some getting used to but once inside the fit and finish is the best bar none.

Love the interior and exterior design. Also enjoy the light show on start up as well as the ambient lighting at night. Satellite radio, Onstar, remote start and sunroof are nice touches as well. Another favorite feature of this car is that it is so rare to see one since it is only 2 years old.

Any improvements that come to mind will appear on the 2009 such as 6 speed transmission and Bluetooth for your cellphone.The car does have a couple of blind spots and maybe a rear view camera might help but the front pillars you will have to adjust to.

This much fun for the money and mpg!
By Carl T.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove just about all mid size sedans and once I drove the Aura my mind was made up. Great style, profile and roomy interior. To top it all off a V6 getting over 30mpg. Saturn making big mistake not offering 3.5l in 2009 Aura XE. The 3.5l has plenty of power and I have no complaints with the 4 speed automatic transmission. I still can not get over the MPG, a pushrod power plant getting that kind of mileage. Handling is second to none, put all of these factors together and you have one fun sports sedan. You owe it to yourself to at least test drive and you will want one. Then compare price with other mid size sports sedan, you will be sold.

Exterior styling, roomy interior, 3.5 v6l power plant. Handling, really noise free. Price!

More storage space for driver and passenger.

Second time around
By KeithC

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Saturn, the first one was a 1997 SL-1 and I still have it. I bought another Saturn because my first one was an excellent car. I have put almost 6,000 miles on the Aura and it has been smooth sailing all the way. People have asked me if it was a Lexus or Acura. The car rides smooth, handles well and is very quiet. The fake wood on the inside makes it look like a luxury car. The car is Red Jewel Tintcoat and it turns heads. The 4-cylinder has enough power merging onto the freeways as long as you turn off the A/C first. Plenty of power is available for driving around town. Fuel economy is good , 30 MPG on highway. I love this car and would defintely buy it again.

The red jewel paint color, interior detail, OnStar, smooth ride and hubcaps that look like real rims. The standard stereo sounds good for a factory unit.

Have a gear selector indicator on the dashboard. Move the remote outside mirror control to the drivers door near the window control. Maybe increase the horsepower on the 4- cylinder engine.

• SUV