Used 2008 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

2008 Saturn Aura XR 3.6
By Adam

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After spending 8 years in Volkswagens, I decided to trade my 2005 Passat for the Aura. Overall, I'm impressed with the Aura. Saturn sure has come a long way. Good power (although a little slow to react when you punch it). Little things I notice like some cheap plastics, and poorly fitting panels in the Aura. Especially the door panels, and door sills, which get scuffed very easily. Shouldn't have that at this price point. Seating is not as comfy as the Passat. I'm a taller guy, and trying to get a comfortable driving position has been a challenge. Curious to see what long road trips will be like. If I could have the VW seats in the Aura, it would be perfect.

V6 power, overall interior layout, 18" wheels, ambient lighting, dual exhaust, remote start, OnStar, XM radio

Better quality interior plastics, rear seat armrest. Express up/down passenger window, memory seats, more supportive, comfortable front seats. A pillars are too huge!

My First New Car
By Yataiva Harris

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Saturn for almost a year now and I love it!! I get very good gas mileage in the city and on the highway. I have gotten many compliments from coworkers and from people on the street about the new look of Saturn. The experience I have had as an owner has been nothing less than superb! I have scheduled appointments for regular maintenance with various dealerships and everyone has been friendly. The only issue I have had thus far is a remote that worked at its own convenience. At the dealership, the service representative was friendly and swapped my remote while my oil was being changed. I would truly say that this car is a very good buy.

The look of the car inside and out.

None at this time.

Better than the Caddy.
By Bobcat

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is more comfortable than my Caddy and more fun to drive and gets 10 mpg more without premium fuel. Not as much room, but we are retired and don't need the room. Also it can be towed behind the RV with four wheels down.

Center arm rest needs to come forward another inch or two for more elbow support.

A Gem of a Car
By Ron R

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We absolutely love this car. Our previous vehicle was a Ford Explorer so it's been quite a change. Once all the comparisons were made in this class the Aura impressed us the most.We live in a hilly region so our gas mileage is only about 34 mpg hwy but still twice as high as our old Explorer.We just finished a 10 hour drive on our world famous Cabot Trail and this car stuck to the curves like glue.From a dead stop the 4 cylinder is a bit sluggish (not for the lead footed drivers) but has more than enough power to pass anything on the highway. At over 6 feet tall it is true that getting into this car takes some getting used to but once inside the fit and finish is the best bar none.

Love the interior and exterior design. Also enjoy the light show on start up as well as the ambient lighting at night. Satellite radio, Onstar, remote start and sunroof are nice touches as well. Another favorite feature of this car is that it is so rare to see one since it is only 2 years old.

Any improvements that come to mind will appear on the 2009 such as 6 speed transmission and Bluetooth for your cellphone.The car does have a couple of blind spots and maybe a rear view camera might help but the front pillars you will have to adjust to.

This much fun for the money and mpg!
By Carl T.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove just about all mid size sedans and once I drove the Aura my mind was made up. Great style, profile and roomy interior. To top it all off a V6 getting over 30mpg. Saturn making big mistake not offering 3.5l in 2009 Aura XE. The 3.5l has plenty of power and I have no complaints with the 4 speed automatic transmission. I still can not get over the MPG, a pushrod power plant getting that kind of mileage. Handling is second to none, put all of these factors together and you have one fun sports sedan. You owe it to yourself to at least test drive and you will want one. Then compare price with other mid size sports sedan, you will be sold.

Exterior styling, roomy interior, 3.5 v6l power plant. Handling, really noise free. Price!

More storage space for driver and passenger.