2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
First 1000 miles
By Pleased on 01/13/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far very plesed! The silence was deafening at first. After driving a BMW I was taken back by the plush quiet ride of this American piece of art. Don't get me wrong German cars are made to drive where as Aura was made to relax and enjoy the ride. If you truly want to be pleased you will love this car. I am getting rave reviews from evrybody that sees it. Generally people are shocked when they learn that it is an American made vehicle not to mention a Saturn. This car is Lexus on the cheap. I have only driven this Aura 1000 miles but, I can tell you Accord Camry, Malibu, Mazda, Mercury, and Ford can not touch this vehicles many attributes! You owe it to yourself, try one.

Great Car
By Ms Fran on 01/10/08 21:34 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a 93 Acura Legend for 12 years and wanted another Acura but I saw the Aura and fell in love with it. (To me the Acura had a smoother ride; but it had a lot of miles and to expensive to fix up.) The morocan brown leather in the Aura is awesome. Didn't think I wanted the XM radio, was going to get my free 3 months and cancel, but I love the stations, especially the jazz stations.

Never thought I'd meet a Saturn I liked
By D. Erickson on 01/10/08 17:23 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buying this car was an accident. I have driven Volvos for 12 years now, and decided to check this car out when shopping. Boy was I surprised - pleasantly. The car is beautiful to look at (if you get past the tail looking like it was caught in vice- grips).18" wheels are beautiful, horsepower very good, interior style, excellent. I had a lot of tire problems - took dealer 10 tires to get rid of roll-out on the Goodyears. Other than that only time will tell. There are some things I would design differently, but all in all this is an amazing American car. Back seat room is great - driver entry is not. Center pillar needs moved back about 3-4" for easier ingress and egress.

2000 miles and love it!
By dlb14frost on 01/09/08 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Saturn for about 6 weeks now and have been quite pleased with all the features. Fuel economy is pretty good for a 6. Road noise is minimal. Heated seats and remote start are a nice add on. Heard several comments, That's a Saturn? Wow

Great Aura!
By don on 01/03/08 21:33 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Aura is Deep Blue with Morocco Brown leather interior and it looks like a million bucks! A buddy got a 320CLk Mercedes at the same time and when he saw my Aura and found out what I paid for it he said I got the better deal. I took advantage of Saturns 30 day exchange program as my original purchase was a 2007 Ocean Mist w/black interior car. The dealer swapped it out for my 2008 no problem after owning the first car 3 days. I love the performance and looks of this car! On a recent trip to the desert, it averaged 28 mpg according to the trip computer. I get a lot of compliments from friends and complete strangers alike. My license plate sums it up- GR8AURA!

First opion, check back in another year
By Mr. Blue on 12/30/07 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fit , finish, comfort are all first rate. Better looking than the new Chev. Malabu with a richer more Europeen look. Trying one of these better built American cars was a pleasant experience that costs, nothing. You owe it to yourself to try one of their cars out. I really shouldn't be rating anything at this time as the car is still literally untested. I would advise looking at more informative reviews that can be more helpfull regarding reality versus expectations.

Pleasantly surprised.
By Peter on 12/23/07 07:19 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After driving German cars, Audi, BMW for the last 10 yrs, I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to try last years' Car of the Year, The A4 and TSX are changing next year, so who wants an obsolete car after 6 months, so I took a test drive and was impressed by the power, nice handling, and improvements in the American interior. It's not up to Audi but they are trying and hopefully will continue to evolve. The Tapshifter is fun, the sound system decent, and 6 speed transmission smooth. The Moroccan tan seats are very attractive and make the interior very supple. While some of the European cars are making their styles more angular, the Aura continues the style of the older models.

Pat's Car
By Patricia Cobb on 12/16/07 03:18 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a beautiful car to drive very comfortable, there is a lot of room inside the car that's why it is so comfortable, safety features are there. This is our 3rd Saturn and hopefully more to follow.

Great car, "This is a Saturn?"
By Alex on 12/10/07 18:59 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 1000 miles I'm very happy with my Aura. I compared Camry, Altima, Accord, Milan, and Legacy. The Aura won easily for the best combination of styling, performance, and value. I was very satisfied with the performance of the smaller V6 but wanted to get the dark interior with Moroccan leather which is not available on the XE. Not too crazy about the auto dimming mirrors that keeps me from seeing behind me when I back out of my driveway due to my neighbors porch light. I'm not to keen on the automatic climate control, zero fan speed should mean fan off. It still blows lightly meaning you have to play with the temp setting to avoid getting cooked or frozen). I miss manual controls.

Aura
By dutchman on 11/22/07 20:03 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent so far. Tire pressure monitor saved my tire. Good honest 29 mpg on highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.