2008 Saturn Aura Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
terrible
By sbrke13 on 03/18/14 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing bur problem after problem with this Car. Doors wont always open. Locks on rear doors dont work. Nothing but electrical problems. On top of tht ems computer needs to be taken apart every cpl months and add dielectric grease. Car will randomly wont start due to vacuum leak caused by ems computer.it will pulsate and stahl out. Temper gauge freaks out to. and thts just the start of the problems. All in all worst car out there. Extremely cheaply made

Best car I've owned
By bdog86 on 07/21/13 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars, trucks and suvs. But the 3.5L version of the Aura rocks ! Lots of space, plenty of power for a luxury sedan which surprised me, and just the defined look of the Aura catches you off guard. My Aura has 106,000km on her now and the only thing replaced so far was the driver side strut which was a quick fix. Very reliable car and is high enough off the ground to go on gravel roads into the woods without sacrificing any comfort at all ! Handles turns, and bumps beautifully. Also if your worried about a V6 eating gas... Don't be worried. I get at least 500-550km in the city with full tank and over 700km on highway but that's going around 120+km/hr..

Frustrated & Deperate!
By mandis on 06/28/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just started having steering problems. The steering wheel jerks hard while driving down the road and it feels like the steering is going out and I am going to loose control. When I come to a complete stop and let go of the wheel it starts shaking all by itself. It seems to only happen when I am driving it. I have taken it to a shop 2 times and both times they say there is nothing wrong. I am not imagining it and I am scared to death to put my kids in the car. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?

Great Used Car For The Price
By andrew_aura1 on 11/02/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Saturn Aura is a very well put together vehicle. It has great handiling capibilities but the steering lacks feedback. Power is adeqaute but more would be nice. The gas mileage is fair in the city I average around 21-23 mpg in the city and on the highway 30-32 mpg. The ride is very smoth and it feels like a cadillac compared to a honda with road and wind noise. Overall it is very nice and drives well for 71,200 miles and I hope to get it over 150,000 miles. They are quite a bargin compared to used malibus and accords.

Electrical problems
By randy121 on 10/31/12 11:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Noticed people having electrical problems. The fix. UNHOOK CONNECTOR AND DISCONNECT FROM BCM. APPLY DIELECTRIC GREASE ON ALL CONNECTOR PINS. RECONNECT. CLEAR CODES. There is fretting on inside BCM connections causing shorts on different electrical items. Mine was ESC traction, Rear brake lights coming on, Cruise control not working, etc. Dealer charged me $30.49, thought I had a lemon, runs great now !! Got lucky to find reputal dealer.

Electrical
By cmeans on 10/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Saturn Aura. I start having real problems with it once it got to 50,000. Steering problems, front end problems (constantly pulling to the right. Now I am dealing with locks the locks that started acting like it was possessed. The car locked me in. And then it would not stay secure. I had to remove the fuse I then found out the relay switch was bad. The car is just at 65,000. Did GM have a recall on the electrical issues?

HEADACHE
By emilyjooooo on 09/18/12 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Aura for about a year now. I bought it used at a dealership with about 73k miles on it. It seemed like a great car. I was loving it, until things start going wrong. FIRST the dealership never gave me my key fob, forcing me to use the auto locks, which both have stopped working. Then someone hit me, having me replace the strut, costing over $300. And after that I have had never ending problems. A clicking noise under the hood and a bumping noise on wheel still, both have been said nothing is wrong. AND my steering is jerky and it also eats up oil. AND I only get about 16 mpg city, which is what I mostly drive. Every time I try to get it fixed, they say there is nothing wrong!

Awesome Car, with Imperfections Here and There
By allens_wife on 05/27/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So I've had my Aura for about a year and a half now. I've had to have the transmission completely overhauled, as well as the water pump replaced -- all under warranty. Also had to have work done on the EVAP system (measures the fuel/air ratio), NOT under warranty. Despite that, this car is powerful, fast. The handling is great, and the car is fun to drive. I bought my car used and the cup holder was missing from the console, which sucks, but I'm over that. I love my car and get complements on it every time I take on a new passenger. Gas mileage is more than satisfactory for a 3.6L DOHC engine. Awesome safety features. LOVE this car, wish I could drive Saturns forever.

Still going after 64K miles
By burp on 01/09/12 13:04 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have 64K miles on our Aura. It has been in the shop a few times but GM is honoring the warranty. You just have to find the right shop. We were getting 27MPG until we put on new tires, now we are only getting 23. Try to replace the tires with the "low rolling resistance" models.

Absolutely love this car!!!!
By lbaldwin on 11/18/11 19:43 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 1 month ago with 40,000. I owned a Saturn Ion 2 and put 100,000 on it and I loved that car. I actually went to the dealership to buy another Ion that they had with 36,000 but when the loan came through he had put it through for the Aura to surprise me. Omgosh I am so glad he did. This is a luxury car without the luxury price. I am soooo happy with this car. And to go along with the other reviews you definately get second looks. And the people at work think I paid a lot more than I did for it. It is far above my old ION.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Saturn Aura Sedan in NJ is:

$197 per month*