2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
Frustrated & Deperate!
By mandis on 06/28/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just started having steering problems. The steering wheel jerks hard while driving down the road and it feels like the steering is going out and I am going to loose control. When I come to a complete stop and let go of the wheel it starts shaking all by itself. It seems to only happen when I am driving it. I have taken it to a shop 2 times and both times they say there is nothing wrong. I am not imagining it and I am scared to death to put my kids in the car. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?

Great Used Car For The Price
By andrew_aura1 on 11/02/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Saturn Aura is a very well put together vehicle. It has great handiling capibilities but the steering lacks feedback. Power is adeqaute but more would be nice. The gas mileage is fair in the city I average around 21-23 mpg in the city and on the highway 30-32 mpg. The ride is very smoth and it feels like a cadillac compared to a honda with road and wind noise. Overall it is very nice and drives well for 71,200 miles and I hope to get it over 150,000 miles. They are quite a bargin compared to used malibus and accords.

Electrical
By cmeans on 10/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Saturn Aura. I start having real problems with it once it got to 50,000. Steering problems, front end problems (constantly pulling to the right. Now I am dealing with locks the locks that started acting like it was possessed. The car locked me in. And then it would not stay secure. I had to remove the fuse I then found out the relay switch was bad. The car is just at 65,000. Did GM have a recall on the electrical issues?

Absolutely love this car!!!!
By lbaldwin on 11/18/11 19:43 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 1 month ago with 40,000. I owned a Saturn Ion 2 and put 100,000 on it and I loved that car. I actually went to the dealership to buy another Ion that they had with 36,000 but when the loan came through he had put it through for the Aura to surprise me. Omgosh I am so glad he did. This is a luxury car without the luxury price. I am soooo happy with this car. And to go along with the other reviews you definately get second looks. And the people at work think I paid a lot more than I did for it. It is far above my old ION.

Fourth American Made Vehicle
By Michael on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Aura used with 27K. I usually lean towards Toyota and Honda. I thought I would give America another try in quality since my last American vehicle was a '92 GMC Sonoma pick-up and was a lemon. The car now has 42K and have not had one problem (knock on wood). I was very amazed with the ride, handling, and gas mileage. I am sorry that Saturn no longer exist because I think they might have had something going for it with the Aura. Oh well maybe my next will be a Malibu.

Fantastic Automobile
By CSL on 03/19/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for my wife in May of 2008. A life long Honda/Toyota owner, she pursued test driving those makes. Accords, Civics, Corollas, Nissans, she test drove them all, often several times. She came away unsatisfied with all of them for one reason or another (style, driving experience, interior quality.) Then, on the way to test drive yet another Accord (YAWN) she saw an Aura on the road and that was that. The car's beauty, performance, engineering, and price were absolutely second to none. Perfect car. People offer positive comments about the car often...

Pleasantly suprised.
By Bakerman23 on 02/13/09 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

From the moment I test drove this car till now I have loved every single moment. The acceleration is peppy for a 4 cylinder. The suspension is great, and the car feels really solid. I'm glad I spent the extra money for this car over the Astra.

very very happy
By Lucy from Buffalo on 02/02/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After looking at and test driving several new vehicles I decided on the Saturn Aura 4 door XE. I am very, very happy with my choice. great ride, fuel economy and looks. no problems at all so far. I have put on 5,000 trouble free miles.

I Would Buy It Again
By Eugene Dunning on 01/28/09 11:51 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The styling, performance and price of this vehicle is outstanding. I have always liked to drive a car that turns heads, and this one certainly does. I purchased the chrome hub cabs which makes the car look even nicer and no one can believe they are hub caps and not wheels. This car rides smoothly and handles exceptionally well.

Happy Saturn Driver
By Happy Saturn Mama on 01/22/09 13:03 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love this car! Get lots of looks. It is just like the commercial...people can't believe that it's a Saturn. It has all of the great GM extras and warranties, but not the price. I am very happy with my Saturn. Needs a couple of improvements, but it is definitely on it's way and worth the price, especially when you fill up your tank. Saturn is no longer the step-child of GM!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Saturn Aura in WA is:

$143 per month*