Used 2008 Saturn Aura XE Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

NEVER BUY THIS CAR
By kkh321

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a less than a month and the transmission went out. Then the headlight went out a couple weeks later, and my other headlight flashes a little when i press my breaks almost like it has a shortage. No snow traction what so ever I got stuck three times, thank God I was not in a rush to get anywhere. I also had to recently replace the coil pack because of a misfire and it happened all of a sudden as I was driving and it was super scary. PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS CAR IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A PAIN SINCE DAY ONE.

Pedal positioning is painful
By rojo8

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas and brake pedals are far apart and both are high off the floor, so it's impossible to pivot your foot comfortably on the heel. I have to completely let my foot off the gas pedal in order to hit the brake. No big deal obviously on high speed drives with minimal braking, but in-town driving is painful. Because it's so uncomfortable, it's also very unsafe. I'd find myself resisting moving back and forth between braking and accelerating, which obviously is not a safe driving practice.
If you're small-feeted like me (size 8-9; not terribly small in fact) but you're used to stomping on your pedals, then no big deal. Pivoting is safer because it's more comfortable. What an idiotic design.

It's a discounted make, but to what seems to be the majority of car makers today: Do away with the misguided "safe" positioning of the pedals, supposedly there to minimize unintended acceleration. Making them more easily differentiable, also makes them totally uncomfortable for people, at least women, with small-average feet and thus unsafe. As simple is that. I've not been able to drive this car for the year and a half that we've owned it. Luckily I don't work, and my husband has big feet (sz 13) so he has no trouble with the pedals.

Frustrated & Deperate!
By mandis

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just started having steering problems. The steering wheel jerks hard while driving down the road and it feels like the steering is going out and I am going to loose control. When I come to a complete stop and let go of the wheel it starts shaking all by itself. It seems to only happen when I am driving it. I have taken it to a shop 2 times and both times they say there is nothing wrong. I am not imagining it and I am scared to death to put my kids in the car. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?

Great Used Car For The Price
By andrew_aura1

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Saturn Aura is a very well put together vehicle. It has great handiling capibilities but the steering lacks feedback. Power is adeqaute but more would be nice. The gas mileage is fair in the city I average around 21-23 mpg in the city and on the highway 30-32 mpg. The ride is very smoth and it feels like a cadillac compared to a honda with road and wind noise. Overall it is very nice and drives well for 71,200 miles and I hope to get it over 150,000 miles. They are quite a bargin compared to used malibus and accords.

Good Stereo, LED brakelights, Interior Illumination, Driver Info Center

Needs a rear seat armrest, better cupholders, smaller diameter steering wheel, and could do with more horsepower.

Electrical
By cmeans

2008 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Saturn Aura.
I start having real problems with it once it got to 50,000.
Steering problems, front end problems (constantly pulling to the right.
Now I am dealing with locks the locks that started acting like it was possessed.
The car locked me in.
And then it would not stay secure.
I had to remove the fuse I then found out the relay switch was bad.
The car is just at 65,000.
Did GM have a recall on the electrical issues?