Used 2007 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 229 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Saturn got it right.
By DOK

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

All in all, a well balanced package of performance, practicality, and value. The 3.5 V6 has yet to leave me wanting for power while maneuvering in traffic, but the smooth 4 speed transmission to which it's attached is not the most willing participant in more enthusiastic driving. Handles well and rides comfortably. 70-80 mph freeway cruising with 2-3 passengers yields about 27 MPG at the pump, dropping to the lower twenties with more city use. Driver seat comfort is good with fully adjustable seat and tilt/telescoping wheel. Rear room and comfort are also good, but the abrasive plastic on the front seatbacks could leave shorts/skirt attired passengers with scraped knees if not careful.

Comfortable cockpit, wind rush and exterior noise well muted, good power/economy compromise. Great value for a car with 225 HP V6 and leather interior. Even with extra options like sunroof and remote start, no other competitor came close in price. 16K miles and no problems to report

Trunk, though long and wide, is short in height. Cover the plastic front seatbacks in leather/cloth. Engine not as refined as competitors.

Saturn for Life
By HEB girl

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned Camry's and was a die hard Toyota driver. With price being an issue dwhen shopping for a new car, I test drove every make and model out there. I kept going back to the Saturn and test drove it 3 times. hands down quality and price won out and I choose a Saturn. It still smells like new inside and has been a great car and one that I plan on keeping for a while. The sleek looks and gas mileage are a very big added bonus. Pay attention Toyota because you just lost a customer for life!

Console, stereo/CD and awesome speakers. Great gas mileage and people are always asking me is that a CTS and I say no but it rides like one, because it is a Saturn.

My only complaint is the keyless entry had to be replaced but it was free of charge even after 16 months of ownership.

Very nice car but several issues
By knack

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm really trying hard to like this car but have had several issues since buying it. Transmission seal leak, steering coupling replaced, power window switch, rotors warp, continuing issue with service traction light going on then off while at high speeds. Passenger window wiper travels too far and stops directly in front of driver view creating rubber mark on windshield. Replaced blades 3 times $60 each time. Stock LS tires are lees than adequate in snow. Tilt steering somewhat poor quality. This is a beautiful car otherwise, heated seats work good, sound system good. It hasn't left me stranded yet! I will say this, up until 28,000 miles the vehicle ran flawless. We will see how it goes.

Sound system, ride, style & appearance, heated seats, mp3 player connector

Tilt steering is weak, intermittent problems with traction control (probably bad wheel sensor) Passenger wiper travels too far in front of driver's view. An issue at least my vehicle.Stock ls tires bad in snow. Reliability starting to become compromised as the miles rack up. Hopefully this will pass.

So Far So Good
By Leeanne

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had my car for approx 7 months, but so far so good. I havent had any real issues excellent for my car making a high pitch sqeaking noise when I start it up in cold weather. I have taken it to my dealer a few times and they can't figure it out. Quite annoying. Overall I love my car. My friends think I drive the coolest car in the city.

Panoramic sunroof, OnStar, leather, heated seats, remote start. I am only 5'3 so I really love the gas pedal because I can move it forward until it fits comfortably for me.

A wider range for my remote start. The doors shouldnt be so extended out when they are open. I have to get out and grab my door handle.

Great for a US vehicle
By FirstAmerican

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First American auto I have owned in 20 years. Great value, style, and engineering. Style caught my eye to start. Interior comfort and layout better than many imports and other GM autos. The 3.5 engine is responsive and tranny works better than I believed it would. Real average mpg runs mid to upper 20s. Pretty good for a V-6.

Great audio with controls on steering wheel; comfortable leather; accurate cruise control and roomy rear seat. I drive a lot of miles each year & the Aura has been reliable the whole way.

Could use some tweaks such a shift indicator in instrument cluster, stronger arm rests on doors.