2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
Still Lovin It
By Burbs on 07/01/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned my Aura for a year now and I still get excited to drive it. Looks and performs like cars costing twice as much. Great handling and powerful acceleration and people still say "That's a Saturn?"

I turn the car on, it returns the favor
By Char on 06/24/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car was originally a return from rental, so it was broken in when I bought it. But I love this car. Driving it is like an F-16 on wheels and just as sleek. Some people think I paid 50-60K and stare in disbeleif when I tell what I got for 22K. (Including tire/wheel warranty, bumper to bumper extended warranty and 3rd party remote- which the Saturn warranty covers) The in-town mileage is low but the highway mileage is outstanding. I typically get 35-40 MPG (at around 60) Kia & Hyundai eat your collective hearts out. Because of the high safety rating, insurance cost is very low. But why doen't GM advertise it more?

Satisfied customer
By Satisfied customer on 06/18/08 05:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Quiet, responsive, reliable. Only problmes have occurred with key fob not working at all or not working properly -- have had to take car in four times concerning the problem. Problem ended up being with electrical equipment inside car, rather than faulty key fob. Seems to be an aberation -- techs at dealership not familiar with any other Auras reportig this problem (lucky me). Would highly recommend car to others.

Nice but needs improvement
By norene on 06/17/08 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The driver seat is uncomfortable for me at the lower level. It need to be improved for 5'3" and below and the gas pad need to be a little closer because I feel like I'm on top of the steering wheel which is not good if in an accident. Getting out is a problem unless you want to adjust the seat everytime. The seat has caused back problem for and I have always had bucket seats but the seat isn't back friendly. The doors swing out too far but I understand this is for long legs and short legs just have to adjust. The armrest need to be longer for short arms. Even with it extending it is not comfortable. Blind spots in mirrors.

Fast and fun
By LA Commuter on 06/16/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my wife's car! This is best car I have driven in years and I am super jealous and want one for me. We got the bronze with black interior + woodtrim package. We get rave reviews from eveyone who sees and are consistently asked what kind of luxury car is it?

Not so sure
By kdizzy on 06/11/08 05:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After seeing the 2007 Aura won the "North American Car of the Year" award I thought "How can I go wrong". I traded in my 2003 Chevy Impala and in a year have had the car in for service 5 times. The second day I had the car I ended up having it towed into the service center because the transmission was missing and speedometor was bouncing around. Ended up being a speed sensor switch had to be replaced.

Disappointed
By missmollyk on 06/05/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Saturn in over 10 years, and while I love the product, I am kind of disappointed in this car. I was told the MPG was better than it has been (lucky if I get 19 mpg both street/hwy) and have had little things going wrong on it from day one. The OnStar was leaking water in when I washed the car, the stereo jammed CDs in it, now the AM doesn't work and the OnStar is cutting out during phone calls. The front bushings are squeaking on turns and bouncing. It has a lag when getting on the freeway, seems to take a few hiccups to get up to speed.

Thanks Saturn
By Aaron on 06/03/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Watch out imports, this tops any other car I have driven in my life, General Motors got this one correct. Platform is excellent; styling is what eludes people to the car. Only downfall is that people do not realize that it is a Saturn.

Definetly Car of the Year
By Car of the Year!!!! on 05/09/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my car. Best car I've ever owned. The HP is awesome, the cabin is very quiet. My kids love this car, specially the wireless headphone! The trunk is huge Great car all around.

Piece of junk
By Julie on 05/08/08 05:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle due to Consumer Reports 2007 article. However,they are completely wrong about this car! I bought this vehicle in November of 2007, and not one week later, the car had to be brought back in for work. One month later, the same thing. They had to replace the paneling inside, replace the heater coil, and try to figure out why when I had my cruise control on, it would go from 70 to 78 going up hills. However, as I was told, it is stated on the Saturn description that this is normal. Really? I figure it is because they have no idea why the cruise control was not working.The next thing is the MPG. What a joke!!! I average, with going normal speed, 60-65, maybe around 21-22

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.