Used 2007 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Last Gasp
By UlaMle

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For it's price this car is unbeatble. And I've owned some really great cars: a grandsport corvette, a '72 T-Bird, a Datsun 280-Z... to name a few. Best mpg is 33 highway 22 average. Corners like it's on tracks. Extremely reliable and easy to own. My original tires are just now wearing out at 63,000+ miles. My opinion, just before a brand "breathes its last breath" the manufacturer produces something fantastic. Others in this catefory: Studebaker Avanti, AMC 390cid, Oldsmobile Aurora multiple year INDY winner. Too bad the manufacturers don't have better vision

Favorite Features

extreme reliability and excellent handling with tight bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

loose the traction control feature; I usually turn it off.

Follow-Up To My Review On 4/11/2009
By Robert

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's 13 months later, and now I know that I cannot get another NEW Saturn ... I guess I'll just have to keep this one; right now, I"m OK with that. This car continues to prove it's worth. My next one would have been Saturn #5. I'm now approaching 50,000 miles, and have owned it 2 yrs, 11 days. I've replaced the worn rear brake pads, and have machined the front disc brake rotors (due to intense pulsations when braking at higher speeds). The tires STILL HAVE 8/32" of tread, and they STILL drive nicely. Folks still compliment me on it's looks ("That's a Saturn ??"). The car is STILL a pleasure to drive! Next Car= Ford, Lincoln, Chevy SS, or Cadillac

Favorite Features

I really like the interior of this car.. it's still "tight". Unlike some of the other reviews , I've had ZERO problems with the interior. Confession: The wireless headphones for the rear passengers... I should have put the batteries in them, before trying to act like "Mr. Bigshot". (LOL)

Suggested Improvements

I would have made the sunroof in this car, like previous Saturn sunroofs. ie- This one flips-up at an angle, and then goes back (still angled). Previous Sunroofs flattened-out after initial opening, and went directly into the body of the car... no "wedged look" when the sunroof was fully open.

Beauty and the Beast
By Windell

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I first heard about this car I said, "Aura Who", until I did my du- diligence on this car. I test drove the XE V6 and it was peppy than drove XR V6 and it was awesome. It amazing how 25 horse power makes a differences in performance. I had a 300zx twin turbo and it was very fast but compared with this sports sedan it's almost the same experience. Cornering is tight and 6.5 to 6.8 in the 0-60. With the big 18" wheels this makes the car look aggressive and handsome at the same time.

Favorite Features

18" alloy wheels, Interior color (morrocco brown), heated seats and mirrors, it's quickness, sound system and remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Surrounded by plastic inside, need middle arm rest for the back, nice to have a toggle switch for ride control

Great Vehicle
By Joe

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2007 Aura. The car is fun to drive and honestly, it feels like i am sitting in a much more expensive car. It performs great and has more than enough pick-up and despite many negative reviews, i like how the vehicle brakes. The car is very quiet, so much so that with out the radio on and doing 70 on the highway, i heard virtually nothing.

Favorite Features

Engine, Sunroof, ambient lighting, handling, overall look (both interior and exterior)

Great deal
By Bob

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Saturn XE with a 3.5 V6 for a few months now. Highway mileage is well over 30 mpg, maybe 36. Mixed mileage is 28 mpg. Plenty of power, average ride for smoothness. Seats are a little narrow on the bottom and I'm not big. Had a few small problems that the dealer promptly fixed. Trunk is a nice size, fits my golf clubs no problem. With power assist seat I wouldn't spend the extra money on full power. Quiet ride. Dealer has no problem finding parts or fixing this car. Warranty is 5 yr 160,000 kilometers on powertrain. So far so good, for the money you won't find anything nicer than a Saturn aura. If you can find one. The Malibu is a better car but too new for my price range.