2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
First Car after SUV'S
By Kerry on 12/04/09 13:52 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Aura V6 with about 24,000 miles. I am extremely pleased with this vehicle. Where to start... I get around 28 mpg on the freeway and around 22 in the city. The V6 is a blast to drive, especially when accelerating at high speeds. I have received TONS of compliments about the interior of the vehicle. I love the wood trip, modern dash and ambient lighting. The car is very comfortable to sit in. I love the exterior look of the vehicle, it looks like an acura from the back, especially with the lights on. I am nervous about going domestic, but wow there is no need to buy a foreign car over this Aura, it's amazing. Absolutely no problems of any sort.

the rug pulled over my eyes
By edblack on 11/28/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

drives great,but tranny is jerky! seats ok but needs side support.i have had reliability problems at 24000 miles,and parts always have to be order!my dearlership takes 2 hours to do oil and filter change.i counld not open my driver side door; it took 10 days for part and all day to fix!the sterio is good but my brother old base camry; 2002 sounds better. at saturn its abanded ship; i look to much at stying;never again!

The Best Car I Ever Drove
By Tim on 10/20/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a low cost Cadillac. Drives like a dream. This is my 4th Saturn and if i could I would but another one. But now I'm forced to buy a Ford.

After 65,000 Miles
By aura0709 on 10/01/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

OK so I've had this car for little over 2 years and have driven the heck out of it. I've had my share of minor fixes with the car...computer issues, remote keys not working, airbag lights coming on...etc. But I will say that over all this car has been very reliable and a great car.

2007 Saturn Aura TONS OF MILES
By Playtowin on 10/01/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used with 25,000 and I'm now at 65,000. I live in upstate NY and drive 60+ miles a day so the milage is adding up quick. I'm getting 30+ GPM on the highway which is great since that's most of my driving. I had "ok" tires" on it for winter and it still did great! I've plowed over 16"+ of snow and keeps going. I've hit a deer with it already and had it fixed. Turned front rotors once but that's from slamming on the brakes to avoid the deer LOL. My big thing was V6 with power and still GREAT gas milage! I've had enough of 4 bangers with no power. I'm sure this car will last 200,000 miles maybe more. WE'LL SEE!

My first brand new car
By DocA on 09/23/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall love this car. Did alot of research and test drives of various cars before deciding this was my dream car. Sometimes I have nightmares. I'll be taking it in for the 8th time for the service traction control light coming on. The dealer has tried something different each time including have the roving Saturn Enginer come out & determine that the header was put on wrong and needed to be rebuilt. That took car of the problem for about 5 months and now it's back. Very fustrations

I love my Saturn except
By Darnice Johnson on 08/10/09 07:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Saturn 3 years ago and still love it. My Saturn is the fully loaded XR Bronze XR model and I have been stopped by strangers admiring the style of this vehicle. I've kept the mileage low and average 20 mpg city driving. Only complaint is recently the ESC service light activates at the slightest stop which causes the brake lights to stay on. Took it in for servicing which lasted less than a month and it is coming on again. I am hoping that this will not be a on going problem.

This Is My 4th Saturn...
By Robert on 04/11/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a nice road presence, fun to drive... I wish that my 1st ('92 SC2) had the power of this 3.6L! The Formula-1 paddle shifters are nice when in a 'sporty' mood; I believe this is the same 6-speed transmission used in some BMW's (for those who didn't know- BMW does get 1 of it's 3 trans. models from GM). The Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires (OEM) handle well enough. Once accustomed to the Understeer (all FWD's have it, RWD's have Oversteer), winding roads are fun, too. Bred from GM's German Car Group (Opel), it's a nice follow-up to the L300. Saturn Service Depts. treat me like a king. I've owned Fords, Chevys, 1 Dodge, 1 VW... I've been driving for over 30 yrs.

great car, but ...
By michael perillo on 03/24/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned for over two years. No problems. Love the two tone interior, ride, handling, acceleration. My only complaint is with the city gas mileage. On the highway I can get 33 mpg. In the city where I do most of my driving I get at most 13 mpg, and I use every known method to increase efficiency. People who claim to get 18-22 in the city cannot possibly be right. I check my mileage at every fill-up and have never gotten better than 13 mpg. Other than this, the car is great.

Saturn got it right.
By DOK on 03/01/09 02:31 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

All in all, a well balanced package of performance, practicality, and value. The 3.5 V6 has yet to leave me wanting for power while maneuvering in traffic, but the smooth 4 speed transmission to which it's attached is not the most willing participant in more enthusiastic driving. Handles well and rides comfortably. 70-80 mph freeway cruising with 2-3 passengers yields about 27 MPG at the pump, dropping to the lower twenties with more city use. Driver seat comfort is good with fully adjustable seat and tilt/telescoping wheel. Rear room and comfort are also good, but the abrasive plastic on the front seatbacks could leave shorts/skirt attired passengers with scraped knees if not careful.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.