Used 2007 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews - 229 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Aura

View reviews for a specific Aura model:

Unreliable
By cperone87

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura used with just under 80k miles. Having owned a 1999 Saturn SL2 for 8 years and having good luck with it, i decided to try again. Big mistake. 2 weeks into ownership, the power steering fluid was leaking. The whole steering rack had to be replaced. Luckily, the dealer i bought it from did it for free. 2 months into ownership, i thought i had a bad wheel bearing. Turns out it was the output shaft bearing to the Transmission, which meant a whole new transmission. Luckily i bought a 2 year warranty on it. During the transmission repair, i was informed that the engine's rear seal was leaking. This is only the beginning, and i pray it does not continue.

The Aura is a great looking car, very similar to the Chevy Malibu, but better looking in my opinion. It has power and is not absolutely terrible on gas. The interior is comfortable, and it is enjoyable to drive. Unfortunately, looks only go so far, as the car is not reliable mechanically.

GM needs to build cars that last if they want to compete with Toyota or Subaru. After 80,000 miles my transmission failed. Something is wrong with that picture. I can understand things happening to a car that is 7 years old, but a transmission is no simple inexpensive repair. It is safe to say i am done with GM.

Do not buy a Saturn aura!
By kelly080

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst car I have ever had. This car has had issues ever since the day I bought it 5 years ago. To name a few... Replaced the alternator, brakes work opposite of how they should ( when I press the brake pedal the lights go off and visa versa), problems with the starter (still haven't resolved), cruise control doesn't work, Radio doesn't turn off when I turn off my car or open the door, and most recently spent over 2000 dollars to have the wave plates replaced in the transmission. Wouldn't recommend this car to my worst enemy.

Heated seats

Everything

All style, no substance
By dmm1277ny

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am the 2nd owner of this Aura XR. I brought it in Mar 2011 with 10,200 miles on it.
It's a beautiful looking, well-optioned car with good performance and handling.
I cannot wait to be rid of it because it has zero reliability.
Its been to 2 different dealers in the past 3 months for electrical/computer issues which can not be found.
They car will refuse to crank after short trips, then restart on its own after 10-15 minutes, usually accompanied by a random warning light (never the same one).
Both trips to the dealer were the result of all gauges malfunctioning, all warning lights & messages coming on, and all electrical systems (like traction control) shutting off while driving.

The car is well optioned, with great performance from the 3.6L V6 and 6spd auto. It handles well and delivers good fuel economy.

GM should really issue a recall based on all the forums I've read where other Aura owners have identical problems with their cars, which usually cannot be resolved.

Wouldn't buy another one.
By wiguy87

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in spring 2011 had 50,000 miles on it and I have over 90,000 on it now, I loved it at 1st, drove really nice and smooth, but being over 90,000 i'm not liking it so much, it already getting rusty on the trunk lid, took it to the dealer ship and said that it would keep coming back after they fix it cause of how the design is, it would keep collecting salt and what not from the road. And the car is pretty noise when your going a certain speed on the interstate, the rotors make noise and shakes. And they could of made the inside alot better.. I've been trying to sell it/trade it in.. but happen to owe to much on it.. but when I owe lesser on it, I'm so gonna get rid of it.

Very sharp

Not vying well after 90,000 miles
By rollo

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides like a lumber wagon on streets that aren't in great shape. It has to stiff of a suspension and I have over a 100,000 miles on it isn't holding up like a car made in Japan would. The brakes are to small for comfortable stopping, I have vibration and shaking in my rotors. Looks great but for the long haul I wouldn't recommend.

Looks of the car and a great ride on a smooth highway.

Suspension, fuel mileage, trunk, reliability, and brakes