2007 Saturn Aura - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aura model:
Do not buy a Saturn aura!
By kelly080 on 08/29/13 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst car I have ever had. This car has had issues ever since the day I bought it 5 years ago. To name a few... Replaced the alternator, brakes work opposite of how they should ( when I press the brake pedal the lights go off and visa versa), problems with the starter (still haven't resolved), cruise control doesn't work, Radio doesn't turn off when I turn off my car or open the door, and most recently spent over 2000 dollars to have the wave plates replaced in the transmission. Wouldn't recommend this car to my worst enemy.

All style, no substance
By dmm1277ny on 05/11/13 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am the 2nd owner of this Aura XR. I brought it in Mar 2011 with 10,200 miles on it. It's a beautiful looking, well-optioned car with good performance and handling. I cannot wait to be rid of it because it has zero reliability. Its been to 2 different dealers in the past 3 months for electrical/computer issues which can not be found. They car will refuse to crank after short trips, then restart on its own after 10-15 minutes, usually accompanied by a random warning light (never the same one). Both trips to the dealer were the result of all gauges malfunctioning, all warning lights & messages coming on, and all electrical systems (like traction control) shutting off while driving.

Wouldn't buy another one.
By wiguy87 on 09/22/12 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in spring 2011 had 50,000 miles on it and I have over 90,000 on it now, I loved it at 1st, drove really nice and smooth, but being over 90,000 i'm not liking it so much, it already getting rusty on the trunk lid, took it to the dealer ship and said that it would keep coming back after they fix it cause of how the design is, it would keep collecting salt and what not from the road. And the car is pretty noise when your going a certain speed on the interstate, the rotors make noise and shakes. And they could of made the inside alot better.. I've been trying to sell it/trade it in.. but happen to owe to much on it.. but when I owe lesser on it, I'm so gonna get rid of it.

Not vying well after 90,000 miles
By rollo on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides like a lumber wagon on streets that aren't in great shape. It has to stiff of a suspension and I have over a 100,000 miles on it isn't holding up like a car made in Japan would. The brakes are to small for comfortable stopping, I have vibration and shaking in my rotors. Looks great but for the long haul I wouldn't recommend.

Last Gasp
By UlaMle on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For it's price this car is unbeatble. And I've owned some really great cars: a grandsport corvette, a '72 T-Bird, a Datsun 280-Z... to name a few. Best mpg is 33 highway 22 average. Corners like it's on tracks. Extremely reliable and easy to own. My original tires are just now wearing out at 63,000+ miles. My opinion, just before a brand "breathes its last breath" the manufacturer produces something fantastic. Others in this catefory: Studebaker Avanti, AMC 390cid, Oldsmobile Aurora multiple year INDY winner. Too bad the manufacturers don't have better vision

Follow-Up To My Review On 4/11/2009
By Robert on 05/16/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's 13 months later, and now I know that I cannot get another NEW Saturn ... I guess I'll just have to keep this one; right now, I"m OK with that. This car continues to prove it's worth. My next one would have been Saturn #5. I'm now approaching 50,000 miles, and have owned it 2 yrs, 11 days. I've replaced the worn rear brake pads, and have machined the front disc brake rotors (due to intense pulsations when braking at higher speeds). The tires STILL HAVE 8/32" of tread, and they STILL drive nicely. Folks still compliment me on it's looks ("That's a Saturn ??"). The car is STILL a pleasure to drive! Next Car= Ford, Lincoln, Chevy SS, or Cadillac

Beauty and the Beast
By Windell on 03/28/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I first heard about this car I said, "Aura Who", until I did my du- diligence on this car. I test drove the XE V6 and it was peppy than drove XR V6 and it was awesome. It amazing how 25 horse power makes a differences in performance. I had a 300zx twin turbo and it was very fast but compared with this sports sedan it's almost the same experience. Cornering is tight and 6.5 to 6.8 in the 0-60. With the big 18" wheels this makes the car look aggressive and handsome at the same time.

Great Vehicle
By Joe on 03/08/10 11:08 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2007 Aura. The car is fun to drive and honestly, it feels like i am sitting in a much more expensive car. It performs great and has more than enough pick-up and despite many negative reviews, i like how the vehicle brakes. The car is very quiet, so much so that with out the radio on and doing 70 on the highway, i heard virtually nothing.

Great deal
By Bob on 03/08/10 05:15 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Saturn XE with a 3.5 V6 for a few months now. Highway mileage is well over 30 mpg, maybe 36. Mixed mileage is 28 mpg. Plenty of power, average ride for smoothness. Seats are a little narrow on the bottom and I'm not big. Had a few small problems that the dealer promptly fixed. Trunk is a nice size, fits my golf clubs no problem. With power assist seat I wouldn't spend the extra money on full power. Quiet ride. Dealer has no problem finding parts or fixing this car. Warranty is 5 yr 160,000 kilometers on powertrain. So far so good, for the money you won't find anything nicer than a Saturn aura. If you can find one. The Malibu is a better car but too new for my price range.

Steering Problems
By rosemarycars on 02/14/10 06:22 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Steering wheel problems, were scheduled to be fixed the third time,..decided on trading the car in,...took a beating.To much plastic in the interior of the car, have to be really careful, with kids, regarding the scratches.Trans., was starting to slip, dealership at Chevy told us try not to accelerate, after stopping, press on the accelerator slowly, to avoid this problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.