Used 2008 Saturn Astra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Astra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn Astra

View reviews for a specific Astra model:

Love my Astra
By Cybergal

2008 Saturn Astra XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I sincerely wish GM would import the new 2011 Astra as a Buick. This is the best small car I have ever driven. It feels bigger than it is. Drives quiet with excellent handling precision.

Favorite Features

Full Top Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Americanized stereo with USB connectivity.

5000 miles - GREAT BUY !!
By ACruz

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a great piece of art ! Astra XR Cpe. Well put together interior, fit and finish with high quality materials, very solid and firm ride & handling, on the exterior, I love the headlamps along with the chrome pieces on the upper and lower grilles and needless to say rear quarter & dlid outstanding style, plus 32 mpg...

Suggested Improvements

XM and iPod port would be nice to have

Should have been yellow not red
By Bonnie

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new, drove it off the lot, the next the low tire pressure light came, they reset it, then the engine light came on, they reset it, the dash rattled they put some packing in it, the windows leak, they said it was the way it was, the engine light came on, they reset it over and over and over, put in a new sensor it came back on, the battery went dead, they replaced the sensor, the abs and traction control light came on, the low tire pressure light came on, the doors lock themselves and the engine surges and dies - they reset it. Anybody want a lemon???

Favorite Features

I love the color, the ride, the warm seats in -40 and the extra room it has - if I could get it out of the shop long enough to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

Decent service manager and service personnel who take you seriously when you call with a problem. The windows need to be redesigned as they "leak" and "whistle".

Steal of the year 2
By matt

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same here. Got the 3rd to last one left in MI (Just after x-mas). They were less new than a typical used one and sales tax deductable too, warranty, etc. Got the dealer to throw in a second set of wheels for $100 (for winter tires). It has not been driven much, but seems to have tight handling and rides pretty good for what it is meant to be. My wife wanted an auto, but go for the manual, the auto is a little disappointing (only a 4sp auto) and the enigine is a little rougher running than the 1.8L in my son's Vibe. Great looks and is a pretty practical car. Not worthy of the $21,000 list, but at $12,400 it sure is.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, fun, hatchback practical

Suggested Improvements

Center arm rest

Steal of the year
By Hoagie

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up a brand new 2008 white XR 2 door. I believe it was the last 5 speed manual in Michigan. I had driven the same exact car in black in May of 2008, but wasn't ready to pay almost sticker for it. With the $8k off, I couldn't say no this time. I love the leather heated seats in the Michigan winter. I don't love the summer wheel package and bought some Goodyear F1 A/S the minute I left the dealership. With the price I paid, I can overlook the small issues, like the cupholder, and the 5 speed makes the engine tolerable. I find no fault with the ride or comfort. It is a beautiful car, and 2 guys at work told me so the first day. so far I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, leather seats.