2008 Saturn Astra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astra model:
so many issues with this car
By unsatisfied15 on 09/24/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 saturn astra for the price of $26,000 plus warranty total for $31,000 and I have never in my life regreted something so much my first week with my car It had to have a major part replaced and i have had nothing but issues yet. all dealers close shortly after purchasing my car as i had purchased extras from that dealer they were void as they has closed down.I have never had such regret in my life there are a number of these cars around and I have had others have the same issues .When trying to purchase parts for my car they are nearly always unavailble and then i have to wait for 3-4 days if lucky If i could turn back time i would not buy this car it was not worth the $

Saturn Astra 4dr Great Car
By Judicious on 07/27/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have had the car for 2 years. It works great. No major issues yet. Fuel mileage is good could be better in the city but very nice on the highway. Car feels great while cornering. Suspension is not too soft but yet handles bumps well. The best hatchback GM ever sold in north America and wish they kept bringing them over.

Wonderful little car
By happyAstra08 on 07/23/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Astra for 2 years now. It has always been a pleasure to drive. In SF it fits in all the small spaces, yet holds a ton of stuff. If GM can build cars like these in the states I will definitely look at them when I am choosing my next car ( I have had hondas and mazdas for the last 20 years) so good job on the Astra! A few minor quirks that were repaired at the dealer when I got the car was the only reason it did not get a 10 on reliability.

36,000 Miles In
By Tom on 07/16/10 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second review. I've had the car for 2 yrs and 36,000 miles. While I still like it, I'm looking to get rid of it now. Still have the same interior rattles plus some new ones. Had to have the driver's seat cover replaced, never had one of those wear out before. AC is now "pulsing" but after my lousy experience with the local Chevy dealer as an "Authorized Saturn Service Center" I'm afraid to bring it in for service. My mileage has gone down, I think it's because there is ethanol in the fuel, but 25 mpg on the highway, I might as well drive an SUV.

Rare Lost Gem
By BBdriver on 06/15/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When Saturn decided to import the Astra, the dollar/euro relationship was more favorable. Come 2008 the car couldn't be sold profitably enough, hence the lack of promotion and cancellation of the 2009 model. Generous incentives got me a great European car for the price of a smaller Hyundai! 11 years living in Europe enlightened my automotive outlook. Why couldn't Saturn have built this very car in Spring Hill? This car has a solidity on par with my Mercedes. Actual mileage exceeds EPA rating. Comfortable for my 6'2" 280lb body. Great handling on a just finished run up PCH to Big Sur. Enjoying my 25 mile commute so much that I'm considering taking a job further from home!

My Astra
By christie on 06/01/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in an SUV for this. Haven't owned a smaller car in 15+ years. Love the gas mileage and the handling of the car. I had to get used to how loud it sounded at first compared to my other vehicles. I really enjoy the car.

Love my Astra
By DGW on 05/29/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a car after keeping my Corolla for 14 years. I went to a Toyota Dealership to test drive the 2010 Matrix and Corolla, and they were good to drive. Went home to recheck my research and I read a review of the Astra on Edmunds.com and was intrigued. After having a bad experience with a Sales person at Toyota, I test drove the Astra and I am so glad I did. I love Saturn's approach to sales, and the car is not what I expected. I can see why so many people rave about this car. Best part of my day is driving to and from work now!!

Very happy Saturn owner
By loose on 03/26/09 05:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Went to Bike Week 09 dragging my bike behind my 07 stick Fit sport, really liked that car. Was not looking for a new car, but they redid the Fit for 09 and I thought about a new one. While in FL, I noticed the Saturn Astra 5 door. Had to go and check it out. The car is great. Had to stay in FL for 3 extra days waiting for my trailer hitch. Was the best ride home to Scranton I ever had.

My Astra-A Great Decision
By jaxjack92 on 03/22/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Easiest handling,most comfortable, best fuel economy of the 5 Saturns I have bought or leased.

Fat man little car
By michael.fought on 01/04/09 14:22 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Astra XE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am 290 pounds and six foot tall, however, I love my Astra! I traded in my 2005 GMC Sierra pickup for my Astra and I have made the right desicion. The Astra is American owned and German made! I have plenty of room for me my wife and child. Im getting 28mpg on highway and 24 MPG in city. I really wanted something environmentally friedly, economical, and well built. I think I have made the right desicion.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.