1996 Saab 9000 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good for School

1996 Saab 9000 - Consumer Review

1996 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

CSE 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Good for School
By W.O. on

1996 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I'm now a sophomore in college and I bought this car at the end of my freshmen year. I was a bit hesitant at first because of all the things I hear about Saab's reliability, but the only thing I've done is change the oil when I first bought it. The 9000 shines on the highway where I do most of my driving between home and school. The car can accelerate ridiculously fast anywhere between 20 and 90mph, and this is with a stock engine! My friends and I took the 9000 and my other friends 2006 BMW 325xi to VA Beach this summer, and my friend, playing around, tried to pull away from me on the interstate...he couldn't do it! The Saab easily kept up! Saab has a new loyal fan!

Favorite Features

Highway power! Seat comfort is the best I've ever come across hands down! The trunk is awesome. I can carry pretty much anything, which is especially useful for a student hauling things from his house to his dorm!

Suggested Improvements

It's 12 years old and out of production...it really can't be improved. I guess if I had to choose, there are to many button (but it is a Saab, and that's just part of their unique style.) One warning though, I have an automatic and the car can be really anemic in city driving, but it's not too bad.