I miss my Saab...
By elleapril on
1996 Saab 9000 CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback
Bought this car for $1500 with 166k miles and it was running amazing. After a few months I wanted everything fixed up real nice so I put about $1000 into it. It always started up for me, even in cold weather (Minnesota) and I loved it. I had no repairs done that were urgent. About 7 months after I bought it I was rear-ended and pushed into another car. My airbags went off and saved me from what could have been a lot worse. I didn't think that much about safety before and just happened to buy a Saab. I am so thankful I did! It's totaled now which is horrible. I miss it quite a bit. I would buy another.
Favorite Features
Leather seats were awesome! Super comfortable! Love that strong engine that could run forever. You can fold the seats down in the back if you need to haul. I used to star-gaze from the back actually, ha! The window is tilted perfectly and you can lay down and see straight up! Heated seats were a plus! Loved that the gas cap locked. And it has some power.
Suggested Improvements
Things definitely fall apart over time, no matter what car it is. (Mine was 15 years old when I got it) Just the way it is. My a/c was out and the back right door couldn't be manually locked and unlocked. But I would say it held up pretty good!