1996 Saab 9000 Aero - Consumer Reviews

Aero 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
GREAT RELIABILITY, GREAT FUN TO DRIVE
By RobinVA on 04/30/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This car has been absolutely amazing. I have owned several Saabs and other cars and this one is the best. Of course all my Saabs have been my favorites and this is the best of those. Absolutely no problems. I've only had to do regular maintence. It loves to be driven. I'm at 500,000 miles right now and ticking. The car drive just like it did with 0 miles, Fast with corner hugging fun.

STILL PERFECT... but
By Laurent on 07/06/06 06:48 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Last time, I made an issue about the interior. (It hasn't change since its intoduction in 1986) I still do. BUT this car has 152K on it and she still flys!! I had gone 125mph racing Mustangs, BMW, and Corvettes. The fastest I ever went was appox 137mph. I cannot believe the engine is still this strong. I did not modify anything on this car. The car still gets a mix loop (city/highway) of 26mpg.

A great car
By Oldguytoo on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Bought used with just under 100k miles. Now at 170k and still going strong. Power to spare, need to be carefull of torque-steer. Comfortable, extremely reliable, only thing other than tires and brakes I've replaced are water pump and belts. Great seats and plenty of space inside. Very good mileage if I keep my foot out of the turbo.

excellent car
By vssaab on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

great car. this is my third saab in 18 years. love everything about it. from performance to fuel economy plus plenty of room. hate tne 95 GM influence made it just another japenese car.

An Amazing High-Performance Machine
By 1Rogue on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

The SAAB 9000 Aero is an amazing car. When I am on the highway, I get 29 MPG. The asynchronous turbo is awesome; I frequently find myself racing Z's, MB SL 500's, etc (last time at 125 mph. The comfort of the 1996 (leather Recaro seats) far exceeds ANY car on the market today. My SAAB mechanic has counseled me never to get rid of this car. And I won't.

PERFECT BUT.........
By Laurent on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I owned 4 other Saabs before, all 900 Turbo’s my last one a 1992. I was reluctant to get any SAAB after 1993 model since GM brought SAAB. I didn’t want an American car with a Saab name on it. When I learned the AERO was still a “Swedish” made SAAB. I went looking I found this Beautiful Aero and plan on keeping her as long as I live. She handles like a dream. The only thing I was disappointed in is the interior mainly the instrument panel its almost the same as the interior when the 9000 was introduce back in 1986. They didn’t even redesign the glove box for the airbag.

My Saab
By Tim Boggs on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 9000 Aero Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

My Saab is very nicely built. I'ts a very nice turbo gharged engine. THe exterior design is wonderful, and the inside is fairly stiff.