Used 1995 Saab 9000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:

Saabs save lives
By eliteboi

1995 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for 8 months. I've had and driven so many cars over the years i've started to lose count. A Saab 9000 has always been on my list of cars to buy. Why would I specifically want this model? A CSE over an CS or Aero? Well, that's simple cheaper insurance then an Aero but almost the same power. Last week while letting my friend drive my car, we swerved to miss a dog, hit a median and took out a sign- going well over 50. We DROVE away without a scratch on one another. The car, took most all of the impact. 9000's are more reliable then most other Saab models, and I can attest to the safety of the car. The awesome gas mileage, amazing acceleration and it handles very well.

Favorite Features

The beautiful turbo iconic turbo soundtrack, smooth shifting automatic, great sound system, speed warning system. The headrests and seats are something other car companies should take note of. They're extremely comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

rear seat cup holders, though not the cars problem but how about independent Saab specialists don't vary so much in price? Buying parts can definitely be tricky, i've found ordering them offline to be easier and much cheaper.

Awsome!!!
By Beniasky

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I just bought this car and I LOVE IT!!! Its very roomy and can fit my kids in the backseat and not have them touching each other... well without them being forced to touch. I've been getting around 40+ on my M.P.G. and gas OMG i went almost 300 miles on 1 tank of gas! wasn't gonna push it, i still had 1/4 tank left when i filled it up. there needs to be more cars like the Saab!!!

Favorite Features

heated seats, sun roof, space, CD player with cassette

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holders deffently

It's all here... except a cupholder!
By tgaipa

1995 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Ultimately, this is a great car that I wish they would still make. I'm a commuting student, and this is really the perfect vehicle for me. Plenty of interior space and the performance blows my mind. Especially with the gas mileage- I can get it up to 33+ on long highway trips. If Saab wasn't bought out by GM we'd be seeing more of these cars around.

Favorite Features

Acceleration. Leather seats. Fun to drive. Trunk is huge, you could fit almost anything in there.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders! The one thing I need. Other than that, not much else. Nearly perfect.

Great Ride
By arbeaner

1995 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is my second Saab 9000 and I would recommend it to anyone. The car rides nice, plenty of performance, fair gas mileage (I get about 24 m.p.g. with a mixture of highway and city driving), great sound system, and it gives you a unique style as there aren't that many of these cars left on the road! This is a true Saab, pre G.M., and it brings all of the Saab performance and safety features that you could want to the table!

Favorite Features

Comfort (lots of "creature features" like heated seats, etc.), style (unique looks), great performance with turbo charger, and dependable.

Suggested Improvements

G.M. should let the Saab division create their own cars and not build them using G.M. frames, etc.. Let Saab be Saab! Give us a hatchback again that can carry a 18 cu. ft. fridge if I want!

highmileage saab
By aman77

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I drive my 9000 Aero every day. I absolutly hated it at first but then it grew on me and now I average about 300 miles a week. It is so fun to drive and corners so well. I recommend this car to everyone. the one thing saab did right was build this car.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, power everything, turbo, direct ignition, sound system, suspension, durability

Suggested Improvements

make it easier to work on