1995 Saab 9000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:
Saabs save lives
By eliteboi on 02/03/12 20:00 PM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for 8 months. I've had and driven so many cars over the years i've started to lose count. A Saab 9000 has always been on my list of cars to buy. Why would I specifically want this model? A CSE over an CS or Aero? Well, that's simple cheaper insurance then an Aero but almost the same power. Last week while letting my friend drive my car, we swerved to miss a dog, hit a median and took out a sign- going well over 50. We DROVE away without a scratch on one another. The car, took most all of the impact. 9000's are more reliable then most other Saab models, and I can attest to the safety of the car. The awesome gas mileage, amazing acceleration and it handles very well.

Awsome!!!
By Beniasky on 02/24/10 23:36 PM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I just bought this car and I LOVE IT!!! Its very roomy and can fit my kids in the backseat and not have them touching each other... well without them being forced to touch. I've been getting around 40+ on my M.P.G. and gas OMG i went almost 300 miles on 1 tank of gas! wasn't gonna push it, i still had 1/4 tank left when i filled it up. there needs to be more cars like the Saab!!!

It's all here... except a cupholder!
By tgaipa on 01/27/09 20:44 PM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Ultimately, this is a great car that I wish they would still make. I'm a commuting student, and this is really the perfect vehicle for me. Plenty of interior space and the performance blows my mind. Especially with the gas mileage- I can get it up to 33+ on long highway trips. If Saab wasn't bought out by GM we'd be seeing more of these cars around.

Great Ride
By arbeaner on 07/19/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is my second Saab 9000 and I would recommend it to anyone. The car rides nice, plenty of performance, fair gas mileage (I get about 24 m.p.g. with a mixture of highway and city driving), great sound system, and it gives you a unique style as there aren't that many of these cars left on the road! This is a true Saab, pre G.M., and it brings all of the Saab performance and safety features that you could want to the table!

highmileage saab
By aman77 on 04/27/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I drive my 9000 Aero every day. I absolutly hated it at first but then it grew on me and now I average about 300 miles a week. It is so fun to drive and corners so well. I recommend this car to everyone. the one thing saab did right was build this car.

One of the Great Cars ever !
By Gerry on 03/27/06 16:03 PM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

The Saab 9000 CSE Turbo is one of the great cars ever. Key in the console, jet-fighter inspired interior and plenty of power under the hood. The last of the classic Saabs. But a constant pedal pressure is necessary to get the greatest turbo effect. But for a luxury ride with Saab excitement in every ride, this is a classic and I still miss mine, three cars later. Doesn't have the greatest reliablity, but I still would drive it today.

Practical and Fun
By mtbman333 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback

My car is a CS model, equipped with 5 speed manual transmission and the 2.3 LPT engine (LPT stands for light- pressure turbo). The engine, with only 170hp (pale in comparison to the 225hp and 250lb-ft Aero) is very lively in the 2500 to 4500 rpm range, and is always a pleasure to dive into. The car handles admirable for what is intended as a family sedan. Response is fairly agile, and cornering is on par with many cars today. The 5 door versatility is incredible. I can fit two people plus myself and our bikes in this car with one of the seats folded flat. Even without, the trunk is cavernous.

1995 Saab Aero
By RoRo on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This has been an outstanding car over the last 6 years, requiring little more than normal maintenance, oil changes and tires. Replaced the clutch at 100K and the starter, alternator, and battery at 130K, which demonstrated some weird electrical symtoms. Only 2 tows in 6 years, not bad for being at 140K. The car has taken me through some icy conditions and gave me a feeling of control and safety. Gets great gas mileage 28-32 mpg.

'95 Saab Aero
By KTM on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is an excellent family car with lots of room, great MPG, and very fast for the $$. I get 29 - 32 mpg on the freeway under normal driving. Being the Aero sport package, the suspension is quite stiff, but the pay-off is excellent handling. The sound system is Harmon-Kardon and sounds great, too. Passing with 255 lb-ft. of torque is a joy. It has been the best car I've ever owned and I've had quite a few!

Fine Drive, but troublesome
By Rich vh on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saab 9000 CS Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have a lot of fun driving this car, although I would rather have a manual. The automatic 3spd with overdrive is very definite about what speeds it wants to shift in, and it does not downshift easily. It has not been very reliable. In less than two years, I have had to replace anti-vibration chains and gears, water pump, and radiator. The vibration problems firstwent undiagnosed, and I have had four road failures, with accompanying tow charges, half-fixes, etc. It was cheap to start, $6,000, but $4,000 later it doesn't seem such a good deal.