1994 Saab 9000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:
Wonderful Car
By Kyle on 08/06/10 05:48 AM (PDT)

1994 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

We purchased this 14 year old car to replace a 1986 VW Golf diesel. The car had over 200,000 miles on it and needed a new head-gasket which we replaced 40,000 miles later. All in all this has been one of the best cars I've ever driven. The 2.3 L Turbo is a fast engine and has more than enough power for a college student, and surprisingly the power doesn't sacrifice efficiency. After a 12 hour drive to NY and back I got about 32 MPG which for a car that size with 3 people and a good bit of stuff loaded is amazing. It is an older car and has needed repairs that included, a new clutch, brakes, shocks, head-gasket, and serpentine belt. I'm hoping to take it over 300,000 miles.

Excellent Car
By Jon on 12/19/08 12:05 PM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I love the car. It has been very reliable and has 320,000 miles on the original engine and transmission. Like all euro cars, it is not always the cheapest to fix, but it is worth it as it drives like a sports car with 200hp and a body weight of nearly a thousand pounds lighter than an Audi A8.

Gone but not forgotten
By C.S.H. on 03/01/07 12:44 PM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

My 94 9000 CSE Turbo just gave up the ghost (i.e. transmission) at 136K but was still a great car which means it's just time to get another Saab. I've had several in the past, starting with an '84 900. They have treated me well for the most part, and I take into account the maintenance required. I do have a good specialized Saab mechanic which makes a huge difference. This one was bought with a little over 100K (only $5400!) and performed very well for a well-used machine. After 3 years and 30,000 miles, took it to the desert and had one of the most fun rides to date - fast and smooth with great handling on those long lone stretches. Replacing the tranny costs $$ so it's time to try the 9-5!

cj
By cj on 10/05/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I love this car, it is more comfortable than all the other mercedes that I have driven for the past 25 years, responds well, easy to drive and park.

Lots of car for the money
By axel on 12/04/04 23:45 PM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 CS 4dr Hatchback

9000's are among the best deals out there right now. You can get a last-year of production (1998) or anything from the 90's and the car you get for the money paid makes it a superb deal. It's hard to understand the relatively low prices, as these Saabs are easily the equivalent of similarly aged BMWs or Audis, and even the base model (CS) has more features than the average German cars of the 90's. It is true that finding a servicing mechanic can be a challenge, and replacement parts are definitely not cheap, but there's nothing unexpected in that. Overall, I highly recommend any 90's Saab 9000 if you're looking for a (still) suberbly safe car.

money pit
By Marc DiVito on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

I purcahsed this car only 3 months ago and can't get rid of it quick enough. When it runs it's fine, but when I'm driving down the highway and the alarm is blairing, the heat doesn't work after I invested $800, and the freekin power antenna decides to go down, it's enough to want to drive it into the wall. Maybe when it was new it was a good car, but now it's a money pit!

It's a SAAB
By lawguil on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 CS 4dr Hatchback

This car is reliable as far as the engine and tranny are concerned (5spd). I like a lot of the features of the car and the famous saab safety. However, parts are expensive for saab's - brakes for rear 400$, Heater fan failed, clutch seems high, bought w/ 118k, tranny was replaced at 80k. Handles well and feels heavy and solid when driving. Ride is somewhat harsh, but performance is good/secure/controlable.

High Mileage Commuter
By pasquarj on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Purchased with 110,000 miles on it - put an additional 52,000 miles in the past two years. Excellent car for the interstate commute I do 4 days a week. Shortcoming is in the AC - it doesn't cool off the car very well - then again it is a very large interior. Outstanding service from my local dealer. Expect to run it until it hits 250,000, like my last SAAB.

It's a Saab, but I love it
By csf9000 on 02/28/02 14:41 PM (PST)

1994 Saab 9000 Aero Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Found this black on black Aero with 35K miles in near perfect condition and got a good deal. In the 4 years, I did pretty good on repairs. Only in the last few months have I had major things go out. The cooling system seems to a bit weak as well as the CFC AC, but I live in Phoenix so I imagine I am harder on this than most. But then the heater core went also, so I would watch for or be prepared for something like this. Other than that is has been a great car.