1993 Saab 9000 Consumer Review: Like a Hot, High Class Girlfri

1993 Saab 9000 - Consumer Review

CSE 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Like a Hot, High Class Girlfriend
By Mike Smith on

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I love my SAAB 9000 CSE, but she's a bit like a beautiful woman who expects to maintained in a certain style. If you don't like periodic $1,000 trips to the garage for brakes, exhaust systems, SRS malfunctions, headlight relay issues, etc., then this is NOT the car for you. Having said all of that when the car runs in top condition, I've never driven anything better. I have hit two deer with mine and they were both high impact incidents, but the car is so well- built and sturdy that I drove away from both. The repairs have exceeded the book value (slightly) both times, but I couldn't bear the thought of parting with my 9000. My only real complaint is the lack of a cup holder.

The looks are absolutely timeless. The car still turns heads and cleans up very nicely.

Cup holders would have been a nice feature. Given my experiences hitting deer, maybe a cowcatcher would be a nice addition...