Used 1993 Saab 9000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:

1992 SAAB 9000 CDE
By RonRondomanski

1993 Saab 9000 CDE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 87000 miles, a one owner trade at a newcar dealer. It now has 221000 and is running better then ever. It took awhile to get the bugs out of it. I have a local mech. who does nothing but SAABS. For quite awhile it had strange problems like the auto climate control, and various other elec. gremlins. But now is is great. Just got new exhaust, brakes, and Yokohama 205/60 DB s2's from tire rack. Drives and looks almost new. I do have reciepts for $9000 worth of maintenance over the last 6 years, but it was worth it, as I have had a new looking, new perfroming SAAB for 6 years at less then half the price of a new one. Also, it is fast enough to scare you!

Seats. The reason we bought it in the first place. Wife gets a sore back on long trips in other cars. Theses seats are chair high with great quality leather that still looks absolutely brand new. WOW! And crusing at hiway speed it'll leave a lot of cars in the dust if you floor it.

Suspension compliance. It does have a firm ride with the solid rear axel. The new 9-5s have changed that. I will probably get a newer used 9-5 AERO in the future.

Love em, Hate em
By Steven Byers

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd SAAB, the first an '87 900S w/manual trans and with 253kmi on the original trans, engine, CV joints and never leaving me stuck somewhere, I baught another one. My '93 9000CSE turbo automatic w/118kmi despite the reviews on autotrans and DI casettes I've had great luck with it. Very roomy inside for four adults as with most cars putting a fifth is ok for shorter trips. plenty of leg room in back and awesome cargo room. I've put a washer and dryer (still in the box) in the back with the seats folded down. Obviously the hatch was open for this but they fit. No remote entry (std) for the early models. any Q's e- mail me at sbyers01@msn.com.

quick and nimble, roomy, comfortable on long trips, climate control, very easy to drive, 430 mile range (HWY or course)

CUPHOLDERS built in would have been nice on the older models. I understand they are in the newer ones but they seem less than perfect. oh well. great car.

Worst Saab I have ever owned
By bhoule

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have owned three Saabs and this has been by far the least reliable. I have had to replace the heater core, head gasket, water pump, fuel pump, and it is currently leaking coolant all over my garage. The prior owner who was lucky to own the car while still under warranty also was plagued by mechanical problems that I only learned of after the fact.

The turbo motor is very fast and gets good gas mileage when it is running.

Made To Last
By saabzerphun

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

The 9000 CSE is a fabulous design; it has the good qualities of many cars and is built to last. I especially like the 1993 version (this is my 3rd 9000) because it has Traction Control (TCS) and retained a decent glove box. Build quality and reliability improved over the dozen or so years they were built. Safety is paramount; I was T-boned by a minivan in my '95 and just opened the trashed door and walked. I bought another (the '93) right away! All this is enhanced by the service at the used-Saab-only dealer where I've bought them.

Torque from 2000-5000 rpm, comfy power seats w/driver memory, great sound system, the hatch & flexible cargo area, decent room in the back seat, gas mileage (23-33 mpg), TCS, Saab trip computer, it all works well.

They don't make these anymore. Saab needs a smaller vehicle with a hatch. Perhaps the 9X or 9-3X will accommodate. I hope they make the Traction Control System a switchable one.

I Luv My 9000 CDE
By FreddyB

1993 Saab 9000 CDE 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive over long trips. Great city and hiway gas mileage. No other car like it on the road. A tad underpowered, but if I had wanted a road warrior I would've gotten the Turbo model.

Trip computer, memory seats, and heated seats.

Rear climate control.