1993 Saab 9000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:
Saab 1993 9000 CDE
By RSDonahoe on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CDE 4dr Sedan

I have had this care for over ten years and it has been an unbeleivably reliable and trusted friend. With over 100,000 miles, it is in mid-life. The styling is so classic that no one can tell it is almost 11 years old.

Great car, good looks
By fugs on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CS 4dr Hatchback

I have had the old Saab 9000 hatchback, the '89-'94 saloon and an '82 900 4- door saloon. The 900 was not as reliable as the 9000s but was a lot more fun to drive. The only real complaints I had with the old hatchback were that the ride was compromised by the hatchback design (a big hole in the body-shell doesn't help torsional ridgidity) and the boot-lid rattled on rough surfaces. The saloon had neither of these faults and the new-shape (from '92 onwards for the hatchback CS) hatchback doesn't rattle at all or twist as much.

Great car, but get the warranty!!
By natman on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CS 4dr Hatchback

I paid $3500.00 for this car 15 months ago. I LOVE the way it drives. The problem is that I have now put more into maintainance than I paid for the car!! A new clutch (inside the transmission housing), heater core and blower motor, A/C repairs, the cruise has never worked, the seat heaters don't work, the exterior mirror fell apart, the rear wiper stripped and won't work, the CD/Radio only works sometimes and the power antenna quit working, and now it is blowing smoke and smelling funny. This time I won't repair it...I could have bought a NEW 9-3 for the money it's cost me over the last year. In the words of Charlie Brown, "ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Used Luxuary on the cheap
By Tobruk on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

A very solid car with few problems, except the automatic traction control device. A major pain, but not enough to spoil the fun. Especially great deal used, as they have a greater depreciation value than a volvo.

Great Story
By Roba on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

When you want the european engineering and longivity with a confortable ride check out the SAAB 9000 CSE... Our 9000CSE is just starting to get intoit's self after 90K of great miles... the usual maintenance but well worth it for the life of this great car.

Fast, fun, and expensive to drive.
By Ryan on 02/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Sense I've purchased the car, 8000 miles, I've replaced transmission, timing chain, and fuel pump. TCS problesm still prevelent. Watch out for cars with TCS. The fastest four cylinder I've driven.