Used 1993 Saab 9000 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:

SAAB STORY
By cossackman

1993 Saab 9000 Sedan CD 4dr Sedan

This model was purchased as a one owner vehicle with 77000 original miles. Maintenance has been regular (replaced outer tie rod ends at 109000 miles and an alternator). Have experienced some electrical problems. Usually a one-time occurence which is difficult to track and repair. Solid vehicle and has a lot of power for a 4 cylinder.

Favorite Features

Heated seats (cloth); heated sideview mirrors; automatic climate control (set and forget);roomy interior; quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better clip system for interior door panels (driver's side always comes loose); louder horn.

1992 SAAB 9000 CDE
By RonRondomanski

1993 Saab 9000 Sedan CDE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 87000 miles, a one owner trade at a newcar dealer. It now has 221000 and is running better then ever. It took awhile to get the bugs out of it. I have a local mech. who does nothing but SAABS. For quite awhile it had strange problems like the auto climate control, and various other elec. gremlins. But now is is great. Just got new exhaust, brakes, and Yokohama 205/60 DB s2's from tire rack. Drives and looks almost new. I do have reciepts for $9000 worth of maintenance over the last 6 years, but it was worth it, as I have had a new looking, new perfroming SAAB for 6 years at less then half the price of a new one. Also, it is fast enough to scare you!

Favorite Features

Seats. The reason we bought it in the first place. Wife gets a sore back on long trips in other cars. Theses seats are chair high with great quality leather that still looks absolutely brand new. WOW! And crusing at hiway speed it'll leave a lot of cars in the dust if you floor it.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension compliance. It does have a firm ride with the solid rear axel. The new 9-5s have changed that. I will probably get a newer used 9-5 AERO in the future.

I Luv My 9000 CDE
By FreddyB

1993 Saab 9000 Sedan CDE 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive over long trips. Great city and hiway gas mileage. No other car like it on the road. A tad underpowered, but if I had wanted a road warrior I would've gotten the Turbo model.

Favorite Features

Trip computer, memory seats, and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Rear climate control.

Saab 1993 9000 CDE
By RSDonahoe

1993 Saab 9000 Sedan CDE 4dr Sedan

I have had this care for over ten years and it has been an unbeleivably reliable and trusted friend. With over 100,000 miles, it is in mid-life. The styling is so classic that no one can tell it is almost 11 years old.

Favorite Features

classic design, great interior

Suggested Improvements

Saab's were made for turbo, I recommend buying a Turbo if you choose Saab, the thrill is worth the extra money