1993 Saab 9000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:
Wonderful car
By james on 09/15/09 03:30 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

This is my first car. I love it. I go hunting, fishing, canoeing and skiing all with just my saab. I bought it for 700$ with a lot of body damage. It drives straight and runs good. I take for routine trips that are over 200 miles with no problems. It handles great on the snow and ice (I live in Alaska), The exhaust fell off at the headers, but with a little welding it is as good as new. It looks like a piece of junk but when it drives and runs great who cares. I drive over 20000 miles a year and I have already put 15000 miles on this car (it originally had 185,000 miles). I love this car.

The Saab that flies
By Tristan on 05/22/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have a 1993 tan Saab 9000 cse turbo standard shift with 244,000 miles on it, but this car really is beautiful and I love driving it, a true European car worth looking up to.

SAAB STORY
By cossackman on 02/06/08 18:22 PM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CD 4dr Sedan

This model was purchased as a one owner vehicle with 77000 original miles. Maintenance has been regular (replaced outer tie rod ends at 109000 miles and an alternator). Have experienced some electrical problems. Usually a one-time occurence which is difficult to track and repair. Solid vehicle and has a lot of power for a 4 cylinder.

Like a Hot, High Class Girlfriend
By Mike Smith on 10/20/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I love my SAAB 9000 CSE, but she's a bit like a beautiful woman who expects to maintained in a certain style. If you don't like periodic $1,000 trips to the garage for brakes, exhaust systems, SRS malfunctions, headlight relay issues, etc., then this is NOT the car for you. Having said all of that when the car runs in top condition, I've never driven anything better. I have hit two deer with mine and they were both high impact incidents, but the car is so well- built and sturdy that I drove away from both. The repairs have exceeded the book value (slightly) both times, but I couldn't bear the thought of parting with my 9000. My only real complaint is the lack of a cup holder.

Stay Away
By Scott Cooke on 01/01/05 23:24 PM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE 4dr Hatchback

Paid 5K for this gem, 9000 CSE 5Dr, 118K. Since I bought it the Timing belt started to rattle, Catalytic Converter needed to be replaced. Had to replace the Rotors, Water Pump and oil sensor, headlight relay and both headlight assemblys (My wife backed into the right side and a rock hit the left). I spilled coffee on the window control, due to the fact that there is no cup holder, only $600 to fix. The dealer did right by me to an extent, but it still cost me about 2K out of pocket.Only drove it 3800 miles, to my house and the train station 9 miles day. Bad luck and lesson learned

1992 SAAB 9000 CDE
By RonRondomanski on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CDE Turbo 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 87000 miles, a one owner trade at a newcar dealer. It now has 221000 and is running better then ever. It took awhile to get the bugs out of it. I have a local mech. who does nothing but SAABS. For quite awhile it had strange problems like the auto climate control, and various other elec. gremlins. But now is is great. Just got new exhaust, brakes, and Yokohama 205/60 DB s2's from tire rack. Drives and looks almost new. I do have reciepts for $9000 worth of maintenance over the last 6 years, but it was worth it, as I have had a new looking, new perfroming SAAB for 6 years at less then half the price of a new one. Also, it is fast enough to scare you!

Love em, Hate em
By Steven Byers on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd SAAB, the first an '87 900S w/manual trans and with 253kmi on the original trans, engine, CV joints and never leaving me stuck somewhere, I baught another one. My '93 9000CSE turbo automatic w/118kmi despite the reviews on autotrans and DI casettes I've had great luck with it. Very roomy inside for four adults as with most cars putting a fifth is ok for shorter trips. plenty of leg room in back and awesome cargo room. I've put a washer and dryer (still in the box) in the back with the seats folded down. Obviously the hatch was open for this but they fit. No remote entry (std) for the early models. any Q's e- mail me at sbyers01@msn.com.

Worst Saab I have ever owned
By bhoule on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I have owned three Saabs and this has been by far the least reliable. I have had to replace the heater core, head gasket, water pump, fuel pump, and it is currently leaking coolant all over my garage. The prior owner who was lucky to own the car while still under warranty also was plagued by mechanical problems that I only learned of after the fact.

Made To Last
By saabzerphun on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 9000 CSE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

The 9000 CSE is a fabulous design; it has the good qualities of many cars and is built to last. I especially like the 1993 version (this is my 3rd 9000) because it has Traction Control (TCS) and retained a decent glove box. Build quality and reliability improved over the dozen or so years they were built. Safety is paramount; I was T-boned by a minivan in my '95 and just opened the trashed door and walked. I bought another (the '93) right away! All this is enhanced by the service at the used-Saab-only dealer where I've bought them.

I Luv My 9000 CDE
By FreddyB on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 9000 CDE 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive over long trips. Great city and hiway gas mileage. No other car like it on the road. A tad underpowered, but if I had wanted a road warrior I would've gotten the Turbo model.