Classy & comfortable
By mingsmom on
1992 Saab 9000 CD 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used from a repair shop that specializes in European cars. At that time it had 105,300 miles on it and was 8 years old. I thought it was a terrific value, giving me lots of luxury for little money. Although the repairs are expensive when they occur, not very much went wrong in the 2 years I had it, and the parts that did fail were original issue. I felt very safe and secure in it, the ABS brakes especially were great--no fishtailing at all--and got me out of 3 close encounters unscathed.
Favorite Features
Heated seats are addictive. The info panel about battery charging and number of miles to go on the tank of gas were fairly accurate (as the thermometer was not) and helpful. Airplane-style cockpit lights are great, too. Leather seats wore well, even under a large dog.
Suggested Improvements
When everything electric failed at once, dangerous. When driver's door lock froze, no way to disable alarm or get moving. Need backup for these systems. One-size seatbelts ($900 to replace) punitive to large drivers. I wish the front dash were flat enough to store things.