1992 Saab 9000 CD Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Saab 9000 saved our lives
By Kokto

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD 4dr Sedan

We loved this car, and it saved our lives in a wreck, in Belgium. We wrecked ~ 110-120 km/h (on highway) with cement wall! and we hadn't a problem!!! The policemen, the firemen, and the ers said it's unbelievable, they never seen before it.

Favorite Features

interior, body, acc, seats

going to miss this car
By RW

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD 4dr Sedan

wow, 12 years with this ride. great car. smooth and stylish design that matches new models. it be nice to hid the interior though. stapled roof, ripped seats, and sunroof that leaks all over you after a night of rain.the engine and tranny rule on this car. a good SAAB mechanic, access to affordable parts will see this car go well past 200K.

Favorite Features

exterior styling, dashboard, quiet highway ride

Suggested Improvements

part prices.

Great Car
By Saab

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD Griffin Turbo 4dr Sedan

If you ever get the change to take one for a test drive .. be very careful .. you just might find yourself owning one. That's what happened to me.

Favorite Features

The dashboard panel makes it feel like you’re in the cockpit of a fighter jet. Buckle-up because this car can fly. Also like the silver dashboard plaque designating which of the 400 limited edition cars is yours.

Suggested Improvements

Everything on this car is special or high performance and cost more to maintain.

Fun but expensive to fix
By marsman

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD Griffin Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought as an investment to fix up and resell. Had only 3 weeks and the ASR moduel went out. $1000 dealer fix, 475 for a used one installed. After all is said and done I will probably keep it and sell something else instead!

Favorite Features

Suprising speed and handling out of this little baby! Its a guys car with "all the buttons and gadgets"

Suggested Improvements

CUPHOLDERS!!!!! And cheaper to repair. Otherwise nothing else.

Best Car I have ever driven (Griffin)
By RangerE

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD Griffin Turbo 4dr Sedan

Underrated horsepower. Only thing that can compete on the road 10 years after purchase are vehicles with Cadillac's North Star engine. Very safe, and performs beautifully in the winter....even drove it across the Rockies. Interior still rivals 2002 cars with its aesthetics and design. Too bad they didn't incorporate some cup holders back in 92'.

Favorite Features

Performance, seats, dash, trim, handling. The surprise you get when the 2.3L 4-cylinder turbo engine throws you back in your seat when you hit the gas. I'd like to get a dyno test done to prove 200 hp is not accurate. I've heard claims as high as 245. I would not be surprised.

Suggested Improvements

It's 10 years old,so it won’t come with a soccer mom integrated garage door opener, biggie-sized cupholder,and GPS navigation unit. Oh, it's computer does some buggy things sometimes that can be an inconvienece.only big problem in 10 years.

Griffin
By Mikko

The best car ever

Classy & comfortable
By mingsmom

1992 Saab 9000 Sedan CD 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a repair shop that specializes in European cars. At that time it had 105,300 miles on it and was 8 years old. I thought it was a terrific value, giving me lots of luxury for little money. Although the repairs are expensive when they occur, not very much went wrong in the 2 years I had it, and the parts that did fail were original issue. I felt very safe and secure in it, the ABS brakes especially were great--no fishtailing at all--and got me out of 3 close encounters unscathed.

Favorite Features

Heated seats are addictive. The info panel about battery charging and number of miles to go on the tank of gas were fairly accurate (as the thermometer was not) and helpful. Airplane-style cockpit lights are great, too. Leather seats wore well, even under a large dog.

Suggested Improvements

When everything electric failed at once, dangerous. When driver's door lock froze, no way to disable alarm or get moving. Need backup for these systems. One-size seatbelts ($900 to replace) punitive to large drivers. I wish the front dash were flat enough to store things.