1992 Saab 9000 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:
junk
By sixohthree81 on 03/16/12 15:05 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 9000 4dr Hatchback

don't buy one of these. for 1, Saab is out of business so to get the parts will be more expensive then what they already are. my Saab had everything wrong that you you could think of, get 1 thing fixed and something else would go wrong. at the end of its life the transmission locked up on my wife while on the hwy which caused the front tires to lock up at 65 MPH and she hit her head off the windshield and it pretty much dropped the tranny and the bottom half of the motor right on the hwy! cost us $125 for the tow and I sold the car the next day to the scrap yard for $110 so I still lost out! the sunroof leaked when it rained, every 2 months had to have a new flex pipe installed

Great first car for new driver
By durbon on 02/24/10 18:10 PM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 S 4dr Hatchback

The car has 250k on it now and I still get over 30 mpg on the highway. The 5 speed trans is very easy for my 16 year old to learn stick. The leather interior is still in great shape with no visible wear. I bought it from my brother after he put 70k on it over 5 years with little or no trouble. Great car that needs a cup holder to be complete.

Saab 9000 saved our lives
By Kokto on 03/29/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 9000 CD 4dr Sedan

We loved this car, and it saved our lives in a wreck, in Belgium. We wrecked ~ 110-120 km/h (on highway) with cement wall! and we hadn't a problem!!! The policemen, the firemen, and the ers said it's unbelievable, they never seen before it.

Wonderful piece of engineering
By benji9k on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Very few problems with this vehicle even for it's age. Just normal wear and tear. Very good design overall. Happy with performance and power. It would be nicer if there was a traction control button. A few upgrades and this would be the perfect vehicle for me, all within the right price range. Holds it's own to luxury cars of today.

Best used car I've owned
By Keith Lowe on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Overall I have found that the car is very responsive...a blast to drive..the turbo is a great feature when it comes to passing those slowing you up. The main things I love are the heated seats...the huge trunk...the idea of knowning I'm in one of the safest cars on the road..Although they are a bit pricey to have repairs done.

Turbo charged
By J dog on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Over all a nicely equiped Saab 9000 with the leather seats, heated seats, climate control and ect.

going to miss this car
By RW on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 9000 CD 4dr Sedan

wow, 12 years with this ride. great car. smooth and stylish design that matches new models. it be nice to hid the interior though. stapled roof, ripped seats, and sunroof that leaks all over you after a night of rain.the engine and tranny rule on this car. a good SAAB mechanic, access to affordable parts will see this car go well past 200K.

What a shame - so close to perfect
By zymurgy on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Bad news first-- Our wheel fell off yesterday - no warning lower ball joint fell out at slow speed around town. This on top of a new motor last year from an (unheard and unheard of) timing chain break which cracked the block. Replaced seat heaters twice, and needed new spark plug manifold several years ago. Once in a while the security system self alarms.

Great Car
By Saab on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 CD Griffin Turbo 4dr Sedan

If you ever get the change to take one for a test drive .. be very careful .. you just might find yourself owning one. That's what happened to me.

Fun but expensive to fix
By marsman on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 9000 CD Griffin Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought as an investment to fix up and resell. Had only 3 weeks and the ASR moduel went out. $1000 dealer fix, 475 for a used one installed. After all is said and done I will probably keep it and sell something else instead!