Used 1992 Saab 9000 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9000 model:

junk
By sixohthree81

1992 Saab 9000 4dr Hatchback

don't buy one of these. for 1, Saab is out of business so to get the parts will be more expensive then what they already are. my Saab had everything wrong that you you could think of, get 1 thing fixed and something else would go wrong. at the end of its life the transmission locked up on my wife while on the hwy which caused the front tires to lock up at 65 MPH and she hit her head off the windshield and it pretty much dropped the tranny and the bottom half of the motor right on the hwy! cost us $125 for the tow and I sold the car the next day to the scrap yard for $110 so I still lost out! the sunroof leaked when it rained, every 2 months had to have a new flex pipe installed

Favorite Features

my stereo system I had to put in it

Suggested Improvements

Everything!

Great first car for new driver
By durbon

1992 Saab 9000 S 4dr Hatchback

The car has 250k on it now and I still get over 30 mpg on the highway. The 5 speed trans is very easy for my 16 year old to learn stick. The leather interior is still in great shape with no visible wear. I bought it from my brother after he put 70k on it over 5 years with little or no trouble. Great car that needs a cup holder to be complete.

Favorite Features

tight steering solid cornering no timing belt to break folding back seats

Suggested Improvements

cup holders

Saab 9000 saved our lives
By Kokto

1992 Saab 9000 CD 4dr Sedan

We loved this car, and it saved our lives in a wreck, in Belgium. We wrecked ~ 110-120 km/h (on highway) with cement wall! and we hadn't a problem!!! The policemen, the firemen, and the ers said it's unbelievable, they never seen before it.

Favorite Features

interior, body, acc, seats

Wonderful piece of engineering
By benji9k

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Very few problems with this vehicle even for it's age. Just normal wear and tear. Very good design overall. Happy with performance and power. It would be nicer if there was a traction control button. A few upgrades and this would be the perfect vehicle for me, all within the right price range. Holds it's own to luxury cars of today.

Favorite Features

Turbo is great. Gas mileage is astounding for a vehicle with this much power. Power everything and leather. Memory seats. Rear AC. Headlight wipers. Lots of room, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

TCS switch. Blackout button. Ignition where it belongs, between the seats.

Best used car I've owned
By Keith Lowe

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Overall I have found that the car is very responsive...a blast to drive..the turbo is a great feature when it comes to passing those slowing you up. The main things I love are the heated seats...the huge trunk...the idea of knowning I'm in one of the safest cars on the road..Although they are a bit pricey to have repairs done.

Favorite Features

The Turbo..It's great to feel it kick in as your moving down the highway.. Also the trunk it has a amazing amount of space in there....Finally the whole look of the car itself...Great looking car indeed.

Suggested Improvements

Since they no longer build them...this section is pretty much useless..