Love the Saab Turbo
By saabfan on
1998 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Hatchback
Bought this car new. Skeptical after reading reviews but compared to BMW and Audi, it's a better buy for the money. Great acceleration with the turbo beyond 3000 rpm. Has been very reliable, safe and surprisingly great gas mileage. Yes, repairs can be costly, but what cars repairs aren't today. Reliability and driving fun are key to me and Saab's got'em... Very safe car too. The display unit continues to surprise me with the level of detail it shows with regard to an engine need or service requirement. I would highly recommend this car to anyone wanting a fun to drive, safe, good mileage car that is not just another Honda or Toyota. I hope Saab continues with the 3 door hatch in the future!
Favorite Features
Turbo power! Huge hatchback/trunk room in a 2 door coupe! Automatic climate control. Computer display panel and useful diagnostic information (preventive and existing diagnostics).
Suggested Improvements
Shifter is clunky, not as smooth as others I've had. Stereo is nothing special. Lack of cupholders.... I really don't have that much to complain about as it is really a great car. I would definitely buy another Saab 3 door turbo hatchback.