1997 Saab 900 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:
Excellent car!
By codycsk on 02/17/13 08:27 AM (PST)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I have read quite a few bad reviews for this car. I only read them after I bought my second hand Saab. Needless to say, all those bad reviews are probably form drivers who have no clue on how to maintain a car!

1997 Saab 899SE Turbo Best Convertible
By former on 05/04/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I live in the north east, and I don't drive this in the winters due to salt / rust issues. (My friends drive their similar vintage Saabs in the winter report good handling and decent salt resistance.) I plan to keep this for a long time, and I hate the losing proposition of rust on such a fine car. Only one issue so far (direct ignition module), but it didn't leave me stranded, and the repair has lasted.

Totally Unreliable
By David on 04/12/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for $8,500 when it was 6 1/2 years old. It had 54k miles. I have almost replaced everything on it but the engine turbo and radiator: clutch and clutch cable, radiator fan, fuel pump (twice in 6 months), starter, alternator and water pump, cdriver's side door lock actuator, radiator hoses, direct ignition cassette, brake pads and rotors (all 4), one engine mount, sepertine belt, thermostat, flex pipe and muffler. Leather is trashed, poor quality. Heated seats don't work anymore. Cd changer broke, 4 speakers blew out so I replaced the system. There is a reason these cars depreciate 60-70% in 3 years. Spend the extra money and buy a beemer (which performs far better).

By James on 03/04/09 23:27 PM (PST)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

Bought it with 64,000 miles. Drove it 60,000 miles. The following required replacement: 2 sets of tires (it eats them), brakes, headlight bulbs, alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor, dryer, and expansion valve, torque converter lockup solenoid, fuel pump, spark plugs, heater hoses, serpentine belt, serpentine belt tensioner, crank position sensor, battery, convertible top microswitches and cables, rear window weatherstripping, coolant reservoir with level sensor, power window switch, alarm system module, ABS computer, struts, coil spring, climate control sensor. No room here to list the rest. I do 90% of my own repairs. It cost twice what I paid for it to keep it running for 4 years.

If you're looking for fun
By Duke on 04/23/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in August 2007. This car is very dependable and comfortable. It rides extremely well with the top up or down. It is hard to tell at times how fast I'm going. Would recommend this car for anyone looking for a convertible sports car.

Saab 900 SE Turbo Convertible
By Atlanta Convertible on 03/10/05 15:07 PM (PST)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

The car looks great and is a great used car value. The convertible is terrific for Atlanta where me and my dogs can enjoy for approx. ten months per year. Fun, fun, fun.

True love
By Markoni on 12/05/04 19:04 PM (PST)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

Any Saab owner knows that this car is not without its quirks, but in terms of personality and just plain fun, nothing beats my 900 SE Turbo Convertible. The car is a solid performer and the overall experience has been worth it.

I like my saab
By satisfied saab owner on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

The car is a lot of fun to drive. It's not very good in the snow, but I guess I shouldn't be driving a convertable in the snow anyhow!

Saab 900 SE Turbo Conv
By Ecoastjdog on 03/13/02 21:59 PM (PST)

1997 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

Great Vehicle... Best 13 Grand spent on used car to date!