1996 Saab 900 Consumer Reviews 4

1996 Saab 900 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:
Don't do it
By Saab Sucker on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

Everythings needs fixing and it is very expensive. Do not buy this. I love to drive it but it is not worth the trouble.

AWESOME TO DRIVE-GET RID OF B4 100,000
By hendrix on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

Saabs are the best until you hit 100,000-115,000. I enjoyed driving the heck out of my Saab. My 1997-w/130,000- had an amazing engine- that will keep running long from now- the non-engine repairs were numerous. I had to replace the emergency brake cable, air conditioner door and motor, clutch cable, and the handle of the right passenger door. And that was just within the last few months! I write this review to say- that you'll not find too many other cars as fun as the 900 turbo to drive-but note that past 115,000 you'll be dropping $300-$400 every 2 months for minor repairs.

Topless Swede
By zazen on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

The car performed and handled well and was fun to drive up until we hit the 100,000 mile mark. Then everything started to die - brakes, AC, Heating, struts, you name it. So, I would say buy it, but don't hold on to it past the 80K mark. Ever since Ford? took over this company, the car is not as reliable as the Swede's manufacturing prowess.

I LOVE MY 96 SAAB 900 SE TURBO
By Sean P. Hilgendorf on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I PURCHASED MY FIRST SAAB IN 1990, A 1984 900 SE, AND I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED THE SAAB CHOICE. THE REPAIR COSTS ARE INFLATED, BUT THE STYLE AND FUN TO DRIVE FACTORS ARE UNMATCHED. MY CURRENT 96 SAAB 900 SE TURBO HAS GREAT POWER, A COMFORTABLE CABIN, AND GREAT OPTIONS. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPROTANCE OF THE HEATED SEATS AND THE AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROLL OPTIONS. FOR THE MONEY NO OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD HAS THE UNIQUE STYLE AND CURB APPEAL AS THE LATER MODEL SAABS. I FEAR THAT GM WILL DESTROY THE SAAB MYSTIQUE BUT FIND COMFORT IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT OLDER SAABS WILL BE GRACING THE ROADWAYS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.

keep looking
By stuie445 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

too much torque steer makes this car no fun to drive

Fun to Drive
By Prmetime on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I purchased mine brand new and I have had almost no problems. The only one I had was an electrical glitch which was finally fixed and the car has run flawlessly otherwise. It is a great Gran Tourismo especially after I put aftermarket shocks and springs on it. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and has great cargo space.

fun car!
By jj99 on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

This car has been great! fun to drive, easy to drop the top and let the wind blow. Plenty of speed and excellent mechanics. 80K miles and zero major engine, suspension or interior repairs.

Nice!
By grudolf on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 900 S 4dr Hatchback

This car handles wonderfully. We purcased the non-turbo 900s to hopefully provide increased reliability. So far have been very pleased. The car has a few annoying rattles coming from the dash but that is the only complaint as far as build quality. Love the fact that it is a safe car, with excellent hauling capabilities. The car is stable and quiet at 85 mph, but the ride is a bit rough at around-town speeds. Overall we are extremely pleased with this cars blend of fun, comfort, and practicality.

900SE Turbo
By onejohny on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car is fast, confortable, fun to drive, can haul a lot, gets decent mileage, excellent on long trips. Excellent car in cold climates (heated seats) but make sure you put on winter tires. If you have to own one car that will do everything well this is it. This car will hit you with some high repair bills if you're not careful. Getting an extended waranty paid off on this car as the power seat and climate control both failed and were covered. If poperly maintained it is an excellent car, but don't expect the operating costs of a Honda.

Cold feet
By Paul H. on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Hatchback

So far Im satisfied with the car but am worried about the poor reviews.Im afraid that I made a huge mistake!