Used 1996 Saab 900 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Saab 900 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

I am in love with a 19 year old!
By Donsdad

1996 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

I just bought a 1996 Saab 900 S convertible. I am in love with her. There are a few mechanical issues which need attention. But because the previous owner cared so much for this vehicle, those pale in comparison to the sheer fun. Riding down I-95 is a whole new experience. I wish someone would revive the make. There is nothing quite as sexy as a Saab convertible. Nothing.

1st time Saab owner
By Gene

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I've had the car for about a year. I love the turbo performance and tight handling. I had to replace a tonneau cover motor which was really a surprisingly easy to do.

Won my heart, hurt my wallet
By saabsrule

1996 Saab 900 S 4dr Hatchback

This was my first car in High School and I absolutely loved it. I bought it from my parents and it was about 14 years old then. This car looks amazing, gets about 27 mpg while driving agressively, and is excellent in winter weather. I drove the manual transmission model which was great fun. The engine was zippy and the car handled like nothing I have ever driven. However, in the 2 years I owned it the tranny went out, it needed a new exhaust system, the ignition module went, the clutch went and what eventually killed it was the headgasket blew. I loved this car and still do, but I could not afford the repairs. They were too expensive and too frequent. I sold her with a broken heart.

Handling, economy, sunroof, heated seats, power

Only one cup holder, useless wipers, reliability is very poor.

I Love My Saab 900 SE Turbo Convertible
By tanya68

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is my second Saab. I absolutely love my car. It's a 1996 and I have 92k miles on it. My top still works and the car is very dependable. Right now, however, I can't figure out why my dash lights have gone completely out (can't drive at night) and my horn honks non-stop; had to remove the fuse for now. Any great Saab mechanics out there? I also need a new hose for my turbo... Help!!

My favorite feature is its' small body and the convertible top... and theturbo of course.

Electrical...

doesn't dissapoint
By tg240kmh

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I bought my mothers 1996 Se with a turbo and what I can say in the beginning,I bought the car mostly because it was all i could afford.At first i didn't want to touch it.Right now its going through some problems.I recently had to by an alternator belt to bypass the a/c compressor.I'm having to deal with lagging power due to broken exhaust studs(sad but true).My mom bought it with one hundred,sixty-seven thousand miles on a turned odometer from Plotty"s Auto Sales.Some miraculous sign.I have never seen the check engine light once.I have put a lot of time and money into her and I must say I'm hitched on this company.The reviews put me on the spot to show my gratitude.Saab's are very reliable.

Even for an old lady that has seen more than twenty blocks,three hundred times,the whole car i own has more features than i as an enthusiast would want but for a commuter the bells and whistles are unbelievable.there is no dought i would trust this car in front of a semi truck i the snow with extremely limited visibility in the mountains.

More parts on the internet.A wider span on the aftermarket.More people behind the wheel of these amazing machines.A bigger respect for the griffin.