Used 1996 Saab 900 Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

Lots of fun per buck
By Abe Lincoln

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I am in love with a 19 year old!
By Donsdad

1996 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

I just bought a 1996 Saab 900 S convertible. I am in love with her. There are a few mechanical issues which need attention. But because the previous owner cared so much for this vehicle, those pale in comparison to the sheer fun. Riding down I-95 is a whole new experience. I wish someone would revive the make. There is nothing quite as sexy as a Saab convertible. Nothing.

1st time Saab owner
By Gene

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I've had the car for about a year. I love the turbo performance and tight handling. I had to replace a tonneau cover motor which was really a surprisingly easy to do.

Won my heart, hurt my wallet
By saabsrule

1996 Saab 900 S 4dr Hatchback

This was my first car in High School and I absolutely loved it. I bought it from my parents and it was about 14 years old then. This car looks amazing, gets about 27 mpg while driving agressively, and is excellent in winter weather. I drove the manual transmission model which was great fun. The engine was zippy and the car handled like nothing I have ever driven. However, in the 2 years I owned it the tranny went out, it needed a new exhaust system, the ignition module went, the clutch went and what eventually killed it was the headgasket blew. I loved this car and still do, but I could not afford the repairs. They were too expensive and too frequent. I sold her with a broken heart.

Handling, economy, sunroof, heated seats, power

Only one cup holder, useless wipers, reliability is very poor.

I Love My Saab 900 SE Turbo Convertible
By tanya68

1996 Saab 900 SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is my second Saab. I absolutely love my car. It's a 1996 and I have 92k miles on it. My top still works and the car is very dependable. Right now, however, I can't figure out why my dash lights have gone completely out (can't drive at night) and my horn honks non-stop; had to remove the fuse for now. Any great Saab mechanics out there? I also need a new hose for my turbo... Help!!

My favorite feature is its' small body and the convertible top... and theturbo of course.

Electrical...