1995 Saab 900 Consumer Review: Saabs are different !!

1995 Saab 900 - Consumer Review

SE V6 Convertible (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Saabs are different !!
By Charlie on

1995 Saab 900 SE V6 2dr Convertible

I've had this '95 SE 900 for almost a year, and have had some unusual things happen. The driver's side seat belt slipped out of my hand, locked up, and the whole assembly had to be replaced! Over $400. Motor for the tonneau cover went bad, $500+ for part, $200 labor. Gaskets on head covers replaced, $600+. It wouldn't be so bad considering the age of the car, but it only had 58K miles on it when I bought it. You also have to make sure to have the timing belt replaced religiously. Overall, with parts & labor so high, if I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a different make. These are as expensive to maintain as BMWs, Jags, etc.

It is fun to drive, but I have the V6 non-turbo motor, so it's not that real kick you get out of their 2.0 turbo engine. It has a lot of bells and whistles if you like that sort of thing. When new, this car stickered for more than 40K..... !!!

Stop with the radio code !! I pulled a fuse by accident for the radio, and it requires a code to be entered into it to be re-activated (and if you don't have it, more $$ at the dealership) !