Used 1995 Saab 900 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

12 years - still goin' strong
By George

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

This car has been a daily driver since we bought it new in '95. We have had no major problems and the car has seen tough duty here in the snow belt. Handles well in the winter, the convertible is great in the summer, good stereo, climate control. etc. It is expensive to repair: we replaced some AC parts and the tonneau cover motor, but fortunately repairs have been few and far between.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, traction control, stereo, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

N/A

Saab
By lenny

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

I purchased this red convertible 2 years ago and still enjoy driving it (especially with the top down). I now have 128000 miles on this 2.0 turbo 5 speed 900SE that provides plenty of go and great mileage! If you treat it right it will treat you right. Do the maintenance to improve reliability.

Favorite Features

Convertible, performance & handling, value as a pre-owned vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Larger rear window, better cup holder, more durable leather seats

Don't Buy a Saab with the V6 engine !!
By Charlie

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

I have owned this Saab for 1 year. 2 weeks ago it overheated all at once with no prior warnings - I assumed something innocuous like a sticking thermostat; imagine my surprise when the dealership informed me of a "ruptured oil cooler line"....I had never even heard of such a thing. 62k miles and it needs $3000 worth of engine work !!! No dealer assistance, and the people at Saab Customer Assistance waited a week before even calling the dealership, then told me, car is too old, too many miles, acted like I was an inconvenience, Based on my experience, I could not recommend a saab to anybody under any circumstances - bad motor, they know it, I had saab technicians tell me it was just a bad engine design from the start, this wasn't the only problem I had, only the biggest - buy at your own risk if you dare

Favorite Features

It's a fun little car to drive on occasion, but way too many problems for a car with this low mileage; plus this car was stickered at over FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS NEW !!! NO THANKS

Saabs are different !!
By Charlie

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

I've had this '95 SE 900 for almost a year, and have had some unusual things happen. The driver's side seat belt slipped out of my hand, locked up, and the whole assembly had to be replaced! Over $400. Motor for the tonneau cover went bad, $500+ for part, $200 labor. Gaskets on head covers replaced, $600+. It wouldn't be so bad considering the age of the car, but it only had 58K miles on it when I bought it. You also have to make sure to have the timing belt replaced religiously. Overall, with parts & labor so high, if I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a different make. These are as expensive to maintain as BMWs, Jags, etc.

Favorite Features

It is fun to drive, but I have the V6 non-turbo motor, so it's not that real kick you get out of their 2.0 turbo engine. It has a lot of bells and whistles if you like that sort of thing. When new, this car stickered for more than 40K..... !!!

Suggested Improvements

Stop with the radio code !! I pulled a fuse by accident for the radio, and it requires a code to be entered into it to be re-activated (and if you don't have it, more $$ at the dealership) !

best old car
By luvsaab

1995 Saab 900 Convertible S 2dr Convertible

I luv this car! Owned it now almost 10 years. Maintainence is a must, by reliable tech, but worth the ride. Solid with well designed panels etc. Great gas milage. Just sad it is getting old......top down, great......top up, quiet. Old Saab is best design.

Favorite Features

key ignition, radio, gas milage left before empty, non- digital clock, heated seats before other models this age.

Suggested Improvements

cannot think of an improvement.