Used 1995 Saab 900 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

6 or 8 cyl. - It Makes a Difference
By Oregonjim

1995 Saab 900 Convertible S 2dr Convertible

I have driven SAABs more or less steadily since the 1970's. I love the feel of the car, and the used ones are cheap compared to the quality. But when I went to buy one a couple of years ago, I was warned not to buy the V6. And from the reviews here, I would say that was right advice. My 4-cyl. convertible at 120,000 miles just lost its clutch cable. Other than that, it has been a champion. I love how it corners and how it feels on the road, and I love the mileage: I get over 32 mpg on road trips and 26-7 in town. I spent $400 to get the top adjusted, and it works without a hitch now. Only problems: shift lever knob came apart, glove compartment lock failed, and seat lever cables broke.

Steering, handling, automatic top, seat comfort, reliability and pep of engine.

Interior lighting, single cup holder, seat locks and cables, clutch cable, top mechanism. I think most of these have been addressed in succeeding models.

First Love
By dcpumpkin

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

I thought it was about time I share my love for my car with the rest of the world. I never want to drive anything else again. I am the third owner. My car has 160k miles on it and the only problem with the performance I have ever had is that sometimes the car hesitates when I drive it gently. I still haven't figured out why. The convertible top is finicky and sometimes just won't go down. And the leather on the front seats is cracked. I don't notice that when sitting in them though :) The engine gives me as much power as I could want whenever I ask for it. I get about 26mpg. I do a bit of every kind of driving; city, highway, country roads. I would drive this car forever.

The steering wheel and the analog clock are my two favorite aspects of the interior.

Not sure how one would fix it but when it rains and I leave my window open a crack water is funneled into the car, usually right onto me.

Fun to drive
By Mickey

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

I wasn't sure I wanted to buy this vehicle even after test driving it. It was 3 weeks later before I bought it. With a bit of luck I have a good mechanic how was very knowledgable with the saab. He told me it was a very good vehicle as far as this one is concerned. Someone took good care of it. I did have a lot of work done and was a bit of an expense but would not trade it for the world. I look forward to my 32 mile drive to work through the back roads of Chester county Pa. I love to have the top down as often as I can. I would not recommend this vehicle to those who bully on a vehicle but taken very good care of this vehicle will last another 100,000 miles. I love my saab.

Easiness of top to put down. Handling and acceleration. Style before its time. comfort of seats (have bad back and comfort is very important). smoothness of engine.

More quality leather. (Luckily I am an uphosterer by trade.) A place to put a beverage.

fun car but stay away with.
By J W

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible

I had this car for over 2 years now and bought it used. Ever since I owned the car, it gave me plenty of issue to deal with. The ignition switch, spark plug wires that cost $500, and things here and there. It finally died of timing belt mishaps where it was required to have replaced every 38,000 miles. It is stupid of me not to check that but that is crazy for every 38,000 miles! Since the top is falling apart, the shocks are gone, and half of the car does not run properly and it looks nice in the drive way with it's top down, I will have to let it goto the junk yard.

It is a convertible and heated seats.

Reliability, performance, and exterior.

Fun little car
By Chis

1995 Saab 900 Convertible SE Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car is great. I have had a BMW, a Mustang and other fun cars but when it comes to good looks that fit an adult, good solid OEM engine, driving fun and a lot of appeal this car really fit the mark. The car is 12 years old and looks perfect, the paint is perfect, the engine runs like a charm, and the seats are in great condition. Very little road noise even compaired to some non-conv.

Style, performance.

Cup holders, these ones are not worth the space.