Addicted to my classic
By kittnchow on
1993 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible
I am head-over-heels for this car. It LOOKS fabulous. They don't call it the Classic for nothing, so European. We turn heads all the time, especially when I open the hood (forwards). The acceleration is sublime and so sexy. It handles curves,mine and the road's. The sound of that engine: from the roar at the start, to the purr of its counterbalanced pistons to the whine of the turbo spooling is all music to me. Made from jets. I'm almost 60 years old and a woman, yet I now lay rubber and do a few donuts from time to time. Life is short.and I LOVE her!
Favorite Features
SPEED! Acceleration, turbo spooling sound and precision engine purrrrrrrr. The seat HUGS so soothingly and the twin wishbone suspension secures you even deeper into the seats as you conquer those tight curves. It looks so European and striking. It is made very very well. Mine has 215,000 miles and I have only replaced the clutch and a few minor things. I love her.
Suggested Improvements
The bad: The wipers are wimpy, the latches on the ragtop are wimpy and they break. NO cupholders, hard to reach the seatbelt, leaks sometimes, the carpet could be denser. The car is 18 years old and 215,000 miles so these are not horrible events considering her long and loyal service. NO cupholders: I use an old sneaker on the passenger seat. My fourth and favorite Saab. Long live the classic.