1993 Saab 900 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:
Addicted to my classic
By kittnchow on 08/21/11 18:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

I am head-over-heels for this car. It LOOKS fabulous. They don't call it the Classic for nothing, so European. We turn heads all the time, especially when I open the hood (forwards). The acceleration is sublime and so sexy. It handles curves,mine and the road's. The sound of that engine: from the roar at the start, to the purr of its counterbalanced pistons to the whine of the turbo spooling is all music to me. Made from jets. I'm almost 60 years old and a woman, yet I now lay rubber and do a few donuts from time to time. Life is short.and I LOVE her!

Fun Car. Have $$$ for Repairs.
By Dan on 01/21/10 22:37 PM (PST)

1993 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

I have owned many, many SAABS (6, to be exact). They are excellent cars. The only downside is that they are expensive to repair, even if you know how to do the work yourself. If you are looking for a fun, quirky ride that will be noticed, buy one. Just make sure you have money left over.

The Classic Saab
By Pete on 06/22/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 S 4dr Sedan

Purchased this as my first car, 5 years ago, with 95,000 miles. Still runs strong, looks great, drives beautifully. Daily commuter, 80 miles a day, and can still do 100 mph. Great quality vehicle. Repairs are wicked expensive though, so I do most of them myself. The automatic transmission is on it's way out... the costs is going to be so much that I might have to junk the car...sadly. It should last another 2 years though and I'll be glad I had a car as reliable as this classic 900.

A fun classic, but needed a few changes.
By thecapitalizt on 03/12/05 19:11 PM (PST)

1993 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

only 1 owner, bought at 49,000 miles.Was weekend car. The stock CD/radiocombo died 2 months after purchase due to a design flaw in the amp. Only had a bad thermostat, but needs a new master cylinder for clutch. Other than that,works fine. Heats up quickly in winter.A lot of body flex, but thats a given for a convertible. Its a blast w/ the turbo, but something might be broken w/my car b/c it gets around 13 MPG currently. Excellent cornering, only problem is the low ground clearance. Reliability varies, can get 60,000 or300,000 out of various parts, it depends on your luck. Beware, if you can't get apart second-hand, a new/refurb part will cost you.

The greatest car ever built-under $20k
By berknic on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle in 2001 and I have no regrets. It has been a great car and fun to drive. The repairs are expensive, however, most of the things I've replaced in the past few years were original parts. I have 220k miles on the car--it starts and goes each and every day without fail.

Great Car, Great Value
By graz1802 on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 S Luxury 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car new in 1993 and now have 66,000 miles on it. Over 11 years, I have had no major problems with it at all and still receive a lot of compliments on its looks and exterior finish. I replaced the antenna motor twice and the antenna mast a couple of times too. Other than that, the car probably hasn't run better until this year. Interior has held up very well and handling has always been a particular strength. I have really received a great deal of value from this car. It has never left me stranded.

1993 SAAB 900 TURBO 16 VALVE CONVERTABLE
By Vettz1 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car has never given me a problem, not one, I mantain it as one should, it now has over 175000 miles and still run'like a new car, the best car I have ever owned bar none.

recent buyer
By taryn on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

Excellent car if you have a love for saabs and the time and money to put into it.

Undoubtedly and forever Cool
By SaabFan on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 S 2dr Hatchback

There is no other car like the Saab 900. It, in my opinion, is a very cool looking car without being pretentious or trendy. It's also a very solid, well-built car that will last for 20 years. A little underpowered but great handling, safety and front-seat comfort. Not cheap but not horrendous either especially when you consider that, if maintained, you'll easily get 250,000 out of a Saab. Look at how many old Saabs you still see on the road. A great car made with ingenuity, creativity and love.

SAAB's get the ladies
By Swinger on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

This SAAB is on it's last legs. Although cosmetically perfect, the engine's suffering. Although the 2.0L 16V Turbo 4 is rated at 160hp new, it has dropped astonishingly. Up until 2yrs ago it had decent power to get around, but recently(thanks to my neglect) it has lost alot of pep to the point that it's dangerous. With the 3 Spd auto; you hit the gas and it sluggishly creep's out and will then stagger up to speed. I have to take caution when pulling out to not get into a situation I can't get out of. Take caution when buying a SAAB, they are an acquired taste and parts are EXPENSIVE.