Used 1992 Saab 900 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

Will never sell my Saab
By ottobauta

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I'm very happy with my Saab. I love the way it rides. The motor is so quiet that one thinks sometimes that the engine is off when it's on. It's a great experience to drive such fantastic piece of machinery. The style of the body just talks to you. Its' my girl and I can't get enough of her. She handles sweet and she's fast. I'm putting a new convertible roof on her and I can't wait.

Favorite Features

Body design, mag rims are easy to clean.

Suggested Improvements

Don't have any, I'm happy the way it is.

Can't give it up
By Devotee

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car over 13 years and can't give it up. I used to trade every 3 years, but my Saab has it all (except cup holders). Spent very little in repairs, gave it regular maintenance and it just keeps running through everything. Have hauled everything in the back including bricks, but she still cleans up like a new car. No rust (after 13 years in Indiana winters), paint still like new, as is the interior. I had to replace the CD player, and convert the air, but after 13 years and nearly 140,000 miles, I wouldn't dream of trading her for anything. She is a great work car and will drive on any terrain as long as the clearance is OK. I will drive her until the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Turbo (don't forget oil changes). Seat heaters, more features than on new cars. Tight turning radius. No blind spots. Doesn't look like every other car on the road. Love the six feet of cargo space when the back seats are down. like having a small truck. Take care of her and she'll love you forever.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, of course.

tough as nail
By purple1

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

I have always loved these cars for their looks. They are very tough and reliable. The engeins usually outlast the body just like the olds Volvo 240's.

Favorite Features

I find the car works best on the highway, it's not the quickist car to get up to speed, but when it gets there it's very stable at any speed. I like this car best for road trips.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaints are the lack of cup holders.

The Only Car I've Loved
By fstopp

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This car has been a joy to own. It has the unique image I desire, the cargo space to accommodate my photo gear and dog (and now husband too), and was tough enough to handle forest service roads as long as they weren't designated 4WD only. While the clearance is low compared to an SUV, it's high for a sedan. Other than regular maintenance items, I have had no extra expenses with this vehicle. It is still very reliable, though as it gets older, obviously more and more basics will need replacing.

Favorite Features

Interior cargo space, dash design, excellent reliability, unique image appeal, comfy seats, lots of well designed storage space.

Suggested Improvements

More umph on mountain passes. (Of course I chose the non-turbo for the better gas mileage. Give up something to get something.) The lack of cup holders, and silly ignition placement. NEW hatchback models have a ledge in the back that gear has to be lifted over. Big mistake.

A quality vehicle
By skimeister

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Had it since day one drove it as a first car for 3 yrs nows its asecond vehicle . Economical to run comfortable to drive ans SAFE to operate in ALL conditions . I'm a Alpine Skier am use this as my ski car . Its very stable in all conditions , Holds a TON of gear and get great mileage . I'm holing onto it tillIT DIES which may be a LOOONG time .I have a little Sports car too which after 2 yrs I'm trading to get a NEW 2003 Saab

Favorite Features

Safe , stablw , economical and UNIQUE

Suggested Improvements

other than normal maint i replaced the head gasket --the only thing i wished worked better ( after 11 yrs ) widshield washers freeze up but I live within spitting distance of the Canadian Border !!!