1992 Saab 900 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:
Will never sell my Saab
By ottobauta on 03/12/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I'm very happy with my Saab. I love the way it rides. The motor is so quiet that one thinks sometimes that the engine is off when it's on. It's a great experience to drive such fantastic piece of machinery. The style of the body just talks to you. Its' my girl and I can't get enough of her. She handles sweet and she's fast. I'm putting a new convertible roof on her and I can't wait.

Can't give it up
By Devotee on 08/19/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car over 13 years and can't give it up. I used to trade every 3 years, but my Saab has it all (except cup holders). Spent very little in repairs, gave it regular maintenance and it just keeps running through everything. Have hauled everything in the back including bricks, but she still cleans up like a new car. No rust (after 13 years in Indiana winters), paint still like new, as is the interior. I had to replace the CD player, and convert the air, but after 13 years and nearly 140,000 miles, I wouldn't dream of trading her for anything. She is a great work car and will drive on any terrain as long as the clearance is OK. I will drive her until the wheels fall off.

tough as nail
By purple1 on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

I have always loved these cars for their looks. They are very tough and reliable. The engeins usually outlast the body just like the olds Volvo 240's.

The Only Car I've Loved
By fstopp on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This car has been a joy to own. It has the unique image I desire, the cargo space to accommodate my photo gear and dog (and now husband too), and was tough enough to handle forest service roads as long as they weren't designated 4WD only. While the clearance is low compared to an SUV, it's high for a sedan. Other than regular maintenance items, I have had no extra expenses with this vehicle. It is still very reliable, though as it gets older, obviously more and more basics will need replacing.

A quality vehicle
By skimeister on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Had it since day one drove it as a first car for 3 yrs nows its asecond vehicle . Economical to run comfortable to drive ans SAFE to operate in ALL conditions . I'm a Alpine Skier am use this as my ski car . Its very stable in all conditions , Holds a TON of gear and get great mileage . I'm holing onto it tillIT DIES which may be a LOOONG time .I have a little Sports car too which after 2 yrs I'm trading to get a NEW 2003 Saab

This is not the car for me
By Eric6 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 900 Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This car drives smoothly and handles well with the front wheel drive. However, if you intend to drive in the least bit of rough terrain, forget it, because the clearance is very low. Folding the rear seats down makes for a great deal of cargo space. The seats are comfortable. However, if you have long legs, you might find yourself bumping your knees on the turn signal lever and other obstacles. The engine runs like a champ. However, since this is an older car, I have had to replace the following items in the past year: fuel pump; clutch slave cylinder;clutch; water pump; HEAD GASKET.