1992 Saab 900 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 900 model:
Very cool car
By smiley on 04/14/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car is so cool to drive; when I make fuel stops I always have someone ask about her. A/C works great! Had a little heater problem but no big deal. She's a 92 but man she's a blast to drive. Power windows in a weird place. Other than that you can't go wrong.

only by americain cars
By bobby on 03/14/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

We bought this vehicle in the summer of 2004. At first it seemed like a great vehicle, but a couple of months later, the piece of junk started having problems. Them saabs cost a heck of a lot to repair too because of the foreign parts and exorbitant labor. Talk about crappy fuel economy too. I got 7 miles to the gallon in the winter 10 in the summer. i NO PEOPLE Who have jacked up trucks that get better gas millage than that. Who cares about the environment but getting 4 to 8 miles to the gallon sure as heck hurts your wallet. its had zero power too. After owning it about a year the engine bit the dust. it had freakin 80,000 mile on it. Never buy a saab. Only buy fords, jeeps and chevys

Simply Great
By Joe on 04/17/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 S 4dr Sedan

I purchased the vehicle about 5 years ago when it had about 56,000 miles on it. The car had some cosmetic and mechanical blemishes that I had fixed (headliner, some electrical issues, and for the heck of it, I had it repainted the same color). Ever since then this car has been a tank. It's perfect for my 30 minute backroads and interstate commute. It's quick, very fun to drive, very comfortable. (I love these leather seats) and it's ultra reliable. 60,000 miles later, I haven't had a single problem.

A Zen Machine
By Virginian on 04/15/07 05:18 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

The most subtle property of the 900 is that there isn't a single straight line on the vehicle. On my first drive to the country, I never missed an arm rest in the center console because of how the body is positioned to work with the steering and instruments. The turbo provides great power and the car has performance handling characteristics. It is a Miata with room, a backseat, and trunk space!

Will never sell my Saab
By ottobauta on 03/12/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 2dr Hatchback

Well, I'm very happy with my Saab. I love the way it rides. The motor is so quiet that one thinks sometimes that the engine is off when it's on. It's a great experience to drive such fantastic piece of machinery. The style of the body just talks to you. Its' my girl and I can't get enough of her. She handles sweet and she's fast. I'm putting a new convertible roof on her and I can't wait.

Can't give it up
By Devotee on 08/19/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car over 13 years and can't give it up. I used to trade every 3 years, but my Saab has it all (except cup holders). Spent very little in repairs, gave it regular maintenance and it just keeps running through everything. Have hauled everything in the back including bricks, but she still cleans up like a new car. No rust (after 13 years in Indiana winters), paint still like new, as is the interior. I had to replace the CD player, and convert the air, but after 13 years and nearly 140,000 miles, I wouldn't dream of trading her for anything. She is a great work car and will drive on any terrain as long as the clearance is OK. I will drive her until the wheels fall off.

Great car at great price (used)
By Alastair WRP on 09/09/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

This is a really fun car to drive and it has stood the test of time (13 years) in terms of reliability and durability. It certainly has its quirks like the funky key placement (accidental coffee spills can cost you a new ignition switch and starter!) and limited visibility and sometimes annoying mysterious electrical issues. Small stuff for a car this old. It drives better than most cars and with over 130000 miles is still rock solid at freeway speeds. Buy a cheap used one and you'll have loads of fun. treat it well and keep up with the basic maintenance and you'll have a great car. They can be picked up very cheap due to age and Saab's appalling depreciation (I would never buy one new!)

Fun ragtop
By racer121 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

I bought this car at a dealership and it was a trade-in. I knew at the time that it was a rebuilt vehicle but the car was mint. It has been very reliable with minimal problems. Overall, I would suggest if anyone is in the market for a cheap older convertable that isn't tacky looking or doesn't want to spend tons of money on repairs, the Saab 900S is the way to go. The only thing better is the Turbo convertable.

tough as nail
By purple1 on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Hatchback

I have always loved these cars for their looks. They are very tough and reliable. The engeins usually outlast the body just like the olds Volvo 240's.

The Only Car I've Loved
By fstopp on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Hatchback

This car has been a joy to own. It has the unique image I desire, the cargo space to accommodate my photo gear and dog (and now husband too), and was tough enough to handle forest service roads as long as they weren't designated 4WD only. While the clearance is low compared to an SUV, it's high for a sedan. Other than regular maintenance items, I have had no extra expenses with this vehicle. It is still very reliable, though as it gets older, obviously more and more basics will need replacing.