Used 1992 Saab 900 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

Very cool car
By smiley

1992 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car is so cool to drive; when I make fuel stops I always have someone ask about her. A/C works great! Had a little heater problem but no big deal. She's a 92 but man she's a blast to drive. Power windows in a weird place. Other than that you can't go wrong.

The design, the speed and braking. The handling, the hood - so very cool when open.

Took me a while to get used to location of power window switch.

only by americain cars
By bobby

1992 Saab 900 S 2dr Convertible

We bought this vehicle in the summer of 2004. At first it seemed like a great vehicle, but a couple of months later, the piece of junk started having problems. Them saabs cost a heck of a lot to repair too because of the foreign parts and exorbitant labor. Talk about crappy fuel economy too. I got 7 miles to the gallon in the winter 10 in the summer. i NO PEOPLE Who have jacked up trucks that get better gas millage than that. Who cares about the environment but getting 4 to 8 miles to the gallon sure as heck hurts your wallet. its had zero power too. After owning it about a year the engine bit the dust. it had freakin 80,000 mile on it. Never buy a saab. Only buy fords, jeeps and chevys

it looked good, the seats were comfortable thats about it.

Make it have a 350 v8 or bigger. use ford parts which are much higher quality and cheaper. Build a more reliable vehicle

Simply Great
By Joe

1992 Saab 900 S 4dr Sedan

I purchased the vehicle about 5 years ago when it had about 56,000 miles on it. The car had some cosmetic and mechanical blemishes that I had fixed (headliner, some electrical issues, and for the heck of it, I had it repainted the same color). Ever since then this car has been a tank. It's perfect for my 30 minute backroads and interstate commute. It's quick, very fun to drive, very comfortable. (I love these leather seats) and it's ultra reliable. 60,000 miles later, I haven't had a single problem.

Ignition in the floor! I actually like the 3 speed auto because on the back roads when you're already going 50 mph and you want to accelerate fast, the engine doesn't need to downshift because the engine is already running 2100 rpm.

I can't think of any. I'ts a very user friendly car. There's nothing confusing about it.

A Zen Machine
By Virginian

1992 Saab 900 Turbo 2dr Convertible

The most subtle property of the 900 is that there isn't a single straight line on the vehicle. On my first drive to the country, I never missed an arm rest in the center console because of how the body is positioned to work with the steering and instruments. The turbo provides great power and the car has performance handling characteristics. It is a Miata with room, a backseat, and trunk space!

The growl of the turbo. The driver position in the cabin. Steering and handling.

Tighter trim and electrical fit.

Will never sell my Saab
By ottobauta

1992 Saab 900 2dr Hatchback

Well, I'm very happy with my Saab. I love the way it rides. The motor is so quiet that one thinks sometimes that the engine is off when it's on. It's a great experience to drive such fantastic piece of machinery. The style of the body just talks to you. Its' my girl and I can't get enough of her. She handles sweet and she's fast. I'm putting a new convertible roof on her and I can't wait.

Body design, mag rims are easy to clean.

Don't have any, I'm happy the way it is.