Used 1990 Saab 900 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 900 model:

Avoid this car
By Concerned

1990 Saab 900 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I am always leary of scathing reviews of anything, because nothing in my opinion can be all bad. Well, except for the paint job, pretty much everything about this car is a nightmare. I would not wish this car on anyone, unless you're a Saab mechanic and have numerous parts cars to draw from. My car spent more time in the shop, then on the road. I never raced it, crashed it or mis-treated it. It left me high and dry on so many occasions, I danced for joy when I finally sold it. (Literally, danced for joy) The best part of owning this car, was selling it. It did have nice paint though, even after being 16 years old when I sold it.

The paint held up very well over the years.

Everything mechanically should be changed. Sunroof motor, gear box, catalytic converter, starter motor, A/C, ignition.

No one makes them like these anymore.
By ShawnJ

1990 Saab 900 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I checked all of the reviews on these old Saabs before purchasing one. I wanted an inexpensive car that was good on gas and would last a long time. This is what everyone wants right? Well these old cars are it. They are so unique looking and definitely fun to drive. They have this stigma about them that is hard to explain. I got an incredible deal on mine. It is a 1990 and I only paid 1800 dollars for it with 65000 original miles. It now has 81000 and no signs of slowing down. These cars really do go forever. I have only fixed routine things (brakes, muffler etc...) So find a good mechanic that can work on these cars and one that is cheap. Do that and you will have a great car!

Love the handling, heated seats, exterior look. Definitely fun to drive.

No cup holder. That is it. I bought a couple for 99 cents at the local auto store and hung them from the glove box. It works fine.

I think its a virus
By graysaab

1990 Saab 900 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Engine is just getting broken in, at over 240,000 miles. Whatever it is, owning one of these cars is addicting. If you step back and look at it, there is no good reason to own one of these classic styled autos. A honda or toyota is much more reliable and cheap. go forever if the body didn't rust away. Ive had two now, both over 250,000 miles. Don't expect much, and you will get a car that surprises you.

Afforded by the wrap around windshield, dash design, and seating position, the feeling openness found in the front seat of these cars is not like any other.

aftermarket sunroof mounted diagonally.