2008 Saab 9-7X - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:
Best In Class
By R.K. Bush on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Although built on the same platform as the Chevy Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Olds Bravada, Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender, this vehicle tops them all. The superior suspension alone (unique to the Saab) sets it apart in terms of ride. It is quieter, handles better and is nicer inside than the others (I've test-driven both the Envoy Denali and the Rainier). It looks better, too. Saab got it right!

If You are Looking for A Different SUV
By Joseph on 07/18/10 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

You will not see many SAAB 9-7X on the road. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view. With two weeks I have had my vehicle in the shop twice. Hmm. I have a wait and see attitude. What will be the next thing that have me back at the shop.

The un-SAAB SUV
By D & D on 06/21/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X Aero 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

we had test drove an 08 4.2 before leasing a cx-7 as wife wanted a saab but 9-4x wasn't out (and still isn't) Now we need to replace the lease (still no 9-4x). As disappointing as the 4.2 was the Aero is incredible. great suspension & acceleration. The glove soft leather &french stitched door trim combined w/ the 9-5 cup holder & corvette engine & buick ranier laminated glass, olds bravada d- pillar & envoy interior door trim w/blazer bits & pieces make this the best of the ladder-on-frame suv rebadges. Like a tuxedo clad rugged SUV. Coming off lease the SAAB is less than a trailblazer SS w items you can't get on the Chevy. GREAT VALUE, reminds wife of the GMC Typhoon/cyclone when we were kids

SAAB 9-7x Aero (SS-Package)
By bIll on 06/02/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X Aero 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a Trailblazer SS in SAAB Suit! The Performance and ability to hide in a crowd is Great! Push down on the GO PEDAL and life changes in 5.5 sec's flat. Gas Mileage is 13-15 at best, but this isn't for the faint of heart. The Seats don't hold you in the corners like an SS and that would have been an EASY fix (JCI-GM) The Cup holder in the dash was totally a waste of time and money, but SAAB Wanted that. (I wonder why) The Auto AC is a TOTAL JOKE! No feed back loop to confirm real air temp in cabin. (Duh, I guess they didn't have enough engineer's that day at GM-HVAC)

A soon to be classic SUV
By Jen Phi Sig on 03/17/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X Aero 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this car to replace a Volvo XC 90. This SUV is a real head turner, even when sitting still. Have only seen one other like ours in the area. A ride like a plush SUV but hang when the right pedal is mashed, this really moves with the 6.0 liter V-8. Yes the MPG is low but hey its an all wheel drive full frame SUV, not like the cookie cutter uni body SUVS that are everywhere today. Bought it for $26,000 with 12,000 miles on it. Loaded with every option. Would do it over again in a heartbeat. No complaints as of yet.

A Sexy Beast!
By SvenBanginshea on 09/01/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X Aero 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What a sexy beast! The 9-7x Aero is a rare classic that was doomed by the poor timing of >$3.50/g gas. Their loss in sales is my gain in rarity. I have owned many exclusive, classic and modern sports cars, but never have I received so many admiring second- looks and seen so much drool from jaw dropping performance envy. Blows away all other SUVs except for fools that paid well over 2x as much for the turbo pepper S. And did I mention that the exterior is second to none! I have never stated this but, "Good Work, GM"!

Sleeper SUV
By Sleeper SUV on 08/28/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X Aero 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a beast in a tux, punch the right pedal and hold on. We needed a larger vehicle and the wanted something that looked good but, we demand performance. This vehicle corners, accelerates and stops better than most sedans, a great addition to our 9-2X. If you want good fuel economy this is not the SUV for you. Cannot wait until we get another Michigan winter and can see how well it does in the snow.

Great SUV
By Nick Resetar on 05/16/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome SUV. If you need a real SUV like I do for towing, you can't beat the 9-7x. The standard features blow away the competition. The handling is great. This is no more an exercise in badge engineering than Lexus it to Toyota or Honda to Acura etc. You really need to drive it and look at the standard features. 15k at least under the competition similarity equipped. Leased for .9% here in Canada. Great deal.

It's a car
By vern in indy on 05/06/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My overall impression is that Saab did their best to turn a small/mid sized SUV into a car. I’m counting the days until my 27 month lease expires.

Acura TL to Saab 97-X
By B. Page on 04/17/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having a baby requires more room than your typical sedan; hence my need to upgrade to an SUV. With the current gas prices what they are I was concerned with the size engine I would get (a V-6 versus a V-8) and how it would accelerate; this one proved to be a winner. It is quite zippy and hugs the road where I need it to. It had all of the bells and whistles that I was accustomed to and more. As a short woman I can easily get in and out and getting the baby in and out is also a breeze. There is plenty of cargo space for us even after a heavy day of shopping! So far the only downside that I can find is that there could be a few cubby's for things like cell phones and other misc. items.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.