2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Too many Saab snobs

2007 Saab 9-7X - Consumer Review

4.2i 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Too many Saab snobs
By NNovesky on

2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For once we have a vehicle that is what it is supposed to be: an unpretentious upscale SUV. As an owner of four Saabs over the years, each met my expectation of what I thought it was supposed to be. This is one of Saab's strengths. I have loved each for what they were: sporty in some cases, practical in others. The 9-7x is a little of both. I truly enjoy the 9-7x for the space it provides, the smooth pleasant ride, great comfort, and a sense of size without being overwhelming to the driver. I test drove most other SUV types in this class (from a well equipped Honda Pilot to the Volvo, Acura, Mercedes, Mazda models) and found sometimes small, sometimes large disappointments with each. Try it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, sense of space because of larger windows, smooth drive and overall responsiveness for SUV excellent. Fine family vehicle for trips as well as local stuff. Transmission good with smooth transition between gears. Could use fifth gear but not a problem.

Suggested Improvements

Of course gas mileage, but this is true with all SUV type vehicles. Backup signal (like on the 9.3 Vector model I had) would be useful, especially in this larger vehicle.