Used 2007 Saab 9-7X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 9-7X model:

Least ownership costs ever
By gmt360

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 85,000 miles and drive it every day. I have not had a single issue or problem of any kind in all of these years. To date the exhaustive list of repairs includes rear brake pads and rotors and new tires. That's it. Not a single penny out of pocket. I am astounded as I've never in all of my years experienced anything like this. I live in the harshest climate and still no issues. I have every single option offered except the 6.0liter v8. At the same time I purchased the 9-7, I purchased the identical Rainier. The Rainier has had a dozen expensive issues while the 9-7 is some sort of anomaly at this point.

V8 engine/towing ability for my heavy boat twice per year. Navigation screen is decent sized for what was outdated even when new. Leather is nice and has held up really good. Navigation unit has a second hidden dvd slot for the navigation disc behind the face plate unlike all of the other GMT360's. While it is now old, it looks a bit newer as the SAAB front end was more contemporary for 2007. Heated seats for these crazy cold winters. 18" rims The biggest treat is that this car will outhandle most vehicles on the road however when I replaced the lower profile tires with higher walls, a bit of the handling was gone. Check the skidpad numbers and you will be surprised

Leading edge of the hood collects rock chips and is now rusting. I should have installed a clear bra when I bought it but never got around to it. Have not ever had this issue to this extent on previous cars. Cockpit storage is hands down the worst I've ever had. The SAAB center console key robs you of a cupholder. Would have loved for there to have been a third row version.

Greaf car, but poor gas mileage
By cmadams219

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives and handles well. When I bought it, it was my 4th SUV. It has been the best. I hate to part with it, just time for newer vehicle. SAAB let us down when they went out of business.

On Star, Navagation,

Gas mileage

"Garage Queen"
By lycklig

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned, and loved, 3 previous SAABs, but this one is a major disappointment. I purchased this so that the tall men in my life would no longer have to leave their knees at home when we go on a trip. The space is great and comfy, DVD and multi-CD players are sweet, and the on-board air-compressor is a great asset. BUT, it is sluggish when going uphill (diesel-pushers cruise past us), has had multiple major issues, and spends more time in the dealership garage than on the road with me. Gas mileage is about the same as my Suburban. This 9-7X has cost me so much time and money. I can hardly wait to trade it in!

Liked it enough to get another 4 wife
By SS

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV 4.2i 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Many have already said that the 9-7x is a great value. I agree, an undervalued SUV that delivers a great driving experience. And for you who think it is just a re-badged Trailblazer, you have to drive one to experience the difference. Tighter suspension, smoother ride, much quieter. Yes, I bought a 2008 a year after getting mine.

Style, ride, heated seats, Fit and Finish, reliability.

Cup holders are sub-standard. Service at the local Saab dealer has been infuriating, I prefer to drive 40 miles to another dealer who proves to be more competent.

Minor issues but love it!
By Carl Sanders

2007 Saab 9-7X SUV 5.3i 4dr SUV AWD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I first bought the truck I had to replace all of the brakes and rotors as they had rusted out from being driven in the north with all of the salt they put out for the snow. I also had to replace the factory tires at 30,000 miles but other than those minor maintenance issues it has been a great vehicle. People are always impressed by the way it looks and say they never knew Saab made an SUV. I like that it is a unique model and I never see anyone else driving my truck. I would probably not recommend it to anyone though because of the horrible gas mileage as they can probably find something that looks just as good but with better gas mileage.

19' factory chrome rims Standard DVD entertainment system Acceleration

Gas mileage is horrible! 15mpg at best even on highway More cup holders Add a third row seat for the next Saab SUV